Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Product launch today

Mand
Grafter

New Product launch today

Hi guys,
I'm sure the eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed that we have been hinting at a new product recently.
Well, Broadband Your Way Pro is now here!
Aimed primarily at gamers, Pro gives you 10GB prioritised traffic per month, with free overnight usage, for £19.99.
Any questions, please give us a shout. Smiley
41 REPLIES 41
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: New Product launch today

I noticed this one this morning.
Could you give a comparison between BBYW Pro and BBYW Option 3? Is it only that gaming traffic is the highest priority, and there's 10Gb less transfer a month?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
On Pro all traffic is prioritised, whatever you use the 10GB for. It's similar in experience terms as our old PAYG product.
So it's essentially a trade off, on Option 3 you get more usage with some restrictions, on Pro you get less usage but no restrictions.
Horses for courses really. Smiley
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Hmmmm...decisions Tongue Thanks for the explanation. Maybe a comparison between the new and current package(s) would be useful for new customers etc to easily outline the differences.
This house is usage-hungry, so I think I'll be staying with Option 3 for now Tongue
Spider
Grafter

I like the look of this product but am curious about
Traffic prioritisation
Time-sensitive traffic prioritised to give the best experience

Which implies that not all traffic is prioritised as stated earlier. I am always wary of traffic prioritisation due to the fact my gaming usage is most often listed as web usage.
Broadband Firewall
Secure your system from intrusion

Does this mean you will be updating your Firewall to allow users more control? (e.g. for setting up game servers)
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Extra usage is priced from £1.50 per 2Gb.
Spider
Grafter

Thanks for the info. I just edited my message as I just found the info myself  Smiley
James
Grafter

Hi Spider,
Pre paid usage is charged at £1.50 per 2GB, or £1.80 post paid.
There's currently no changes planned in the Broadband Firewall and all usage witll be prioritised as at least "gold" with gaming and VoIP traffic in "titanium".
Spider
Grafter

Sorry I thought Gaming was in the Titanium traffic at all times as per your website. My concern is that gaming traffic is not correctly identified by your systems.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Quote from: Spider
Sorry I thought Gaming was in the Titanium traffic at all times as per your website. My concern is that gaming traffic is not correctly identified by your systems.

I believe you mean the track my usage system? That's just a rough guide that you can use to get an estimate of what is being used where. If it's a popular game/they have the port numbers used by it, im sure that it gets identified correctly.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Spider,
You can check if your gaming traffic is being correctly identified by doing a wireshark capture. There is some information towards the bottom on how to analyse the results.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Spider
Grafter

Thanks everyone for your responses I decided to give it a go but forgot that because its is a price decrease I will not be updated until October  :(. Is there away to change it so the change can take place sooner?
James
Grafter

Hi Spider,
I've just pushed this through for you.
Spider
Grafter

Thank you.
thehatman
Grafter

It is the same as the PAYG 15GB deal for the same price but with 5GB less.