Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Printer

FIXED
Sues
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

New Printer

Don't know if anyone can help but i need to buy a new printer and the one I'm interested in buying says you have to initially press the WPS button on the router to connect it to wifi. My Plusnet router hasn't got a WPS button. Anyone know what I do to get round not pressing a WPS button I haven't got and get it to connect? Thanks for any info you can supply. The printer I have at the moment just connects to wifi as soon as you turn it on! 

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: New Printer

Fix
You don't say what model of PN Router you have.
See here;
https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/
PN's Hub One definitely has WPS button.

If your existing printer connects automatically have you previously input the Router's password so the 2 can handshake?

If not, it looks like your Router has no wifi security, which means anyone can piggyback on your B Band connection.
Sues
Dabbler

Sorry, just found it! Don't know what type of  Plusnet router I have but I was looking for a button on the back. It is in fact a little two pronged thing on the side with a sign on it that looks like two quotation marks. I assume the WPS light is supposed to switch itself off after a short while? Thanks.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Sues The WPS light will switch off once the printer is connected to the router - or fairly soon after.

John
Sues
Dabbler

Thank you so much.