Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plusnet dialup to move from Metronet

Wuz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

New Plusnet dialup to move from Metronet

I tried to set up a new dialup account earlier tonight. At the end it said "setting up this might take 40 seconds" but no confirmation and it just stayed on the final screen.
It won't let me logon to my account as yet. Is a delay normal or is it because I haven't actually logged on via the account i.e. do I have to dig out the old modem and log on via dialup rether than my current metronet account?
Thanks
Brian
8 REPLIES 8
Mand
Grafter

Re: New Plusnet dialup to move from Metronet

Hi there,
Can you PM me the name you've signed up with so I can take a look? Also was this a free dialup account or a subscription one?
Wuz
Rising Star

Afternoon Mand,
I replied this morning by e-mail - still doesn't let me into members centre but I haven't dug out my modem to try the connection but I imagine it wouldn't work.
Brian
Not applicable

Quote from: Wuz
I replied this morning by e-mail

Replied *where* by email?
If you mean you emailed Mand using the icon under her avatar (either to email or send a personal message) thats fine.
If you got a notification of Mands reply to your topic and you replied to that, the message won't have got through, as the address is purely for outgoing forum notifications.
Just wanting to make sure the method you used is one that'll get to somebody. Wink
Wuz
Rising Star

James,
I replied via the icon under the Avatar. I hope she has got it.
Thanks,
Brian
Not applicable

She should have done in that case - Wink
Wuz
Rising Star

Mand,
I am not getting any response from my e-mails to you although my copies have come through. I have tried to set up again and it says the username is not available so it presumably set up the other night. However still can't access as it says "username or password incorrect" I tried for a password help in case I had made a mistake but this said it was not available and to ring customer services.
I had hoped to raise a ticket and transfer over by the 8/3/08 my metronet billing day but seem to have got stuck at the first stage!
Brian
paulby
Grafter

@Wuz
Why don't you ring Customer Services (0114 296 5198)? They're there 24/7 and will probably sort you out in a couple of minutes!
According to the queue monitor there's no queue just now (@20:50).
Wuz
Rising Star

Paul,
I have now done this and the cause was the chosen address which was already taken but I did not get an error message. Now setting up under a new address.
Brian