cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Client - Slow Download Speed

1mm3

New Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Client - Slow Download Speed

Hi,
Just had my Fibre activated on Aug 5th (10 days ago).
I was estimated 65mb.
Estimated line speed:
65Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2013-07-04 21:29:52
Current line speed:
40 Mb

Please could someone look into my issue and advise as appropriate. If you require any further information please dont hesitate to ask.
Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Client - Slow Download Speed

Can you run the BT test again and do 'further diagnostics' please, we need to set the speed profile to match the BT profile, however we've not been told what that is yet.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
1mm3

EDIT: 14:51 15/08/2013
Do you want me to restart the bt openreach modem or the router before running the test? I have not restarted either of them since activation.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Bah! It's not given me the info I wanted!. Log in to the router, disconnect and then reconnect. Try another speed test and hopefully voila.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
1mm3

Now thats more like it! All i did was log in to router and disconnect/ reconnect. The BT speed test still doesnt give any further information after "further diagnostics".