cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PSTN line - no FTTC available - next door offices both have FTTC!

haribo

New PSTN line - no FTTC available - next door offices both have FTTC!

We have had what I would consider to be a disastrous house move experience with Plusnet. I don't want to go into every detail but the outstanding issues are:
- Static IP address lost - this is being investigated by PN, at least 2 agents assured me I would keep the IP address
- New line does not support FTC - this is ***really*** odd since we have temporarily moved the account to a serviced office (while between houses) and both of the neigbouring have FTTC available. In fact, one of the offices has their fax/FTTC line in our office right next to our next master socket with cables going through the wall while they wait for it to be moved. Surely this is evidence that FTTC is absolutely available in our area and that the database must be incorrect.
I stumbled across this old thread documenting a similar experience, the user managed to get PN to investigate and the line was found to be up to FTTC standard after all:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=103496.0
Having spoken to 15+ staff at PN in provisioning, tech support, faults, home move, customer service and maybe more and having to go through security with each one so that I can then re-explain the situation I'm hoping that one of the mods can pick this up and sort out the remaining 2 issues - I am on the verge of cancelling as it is. I have lost at least 5 hours to this, probably more, there doesn't seem to be anyone in the call centre who can take ownership of an issue and see it through to resolution.
I tried to submit a complaint via the member centre but couldn't because I have more than 4 open tickets - a helpful guy in cust services deleted a couple but there are still more than 4 so he ended up suggesting I email documents@plus.net instead (which I have done). What does it say when you can't submit a complaint on the phone and the system stops you from following the chosen online procedure?!
I'm keen to hear from any mods that can help to sort this out.
Happy New Year, James
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: New PSTN line - no FTTC available - next door offices both have FTTC!

The moderators will not be able to help you - they are fellow users not staff!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Estragon
Rising Star

What date was the phone line connected? Is it a new number or is it yours transferred?
What does this checker say about that number?
haribo

Thanks for the quick response guys - my mistake on the mods...
The line was connected on 17/12/12, the number is a new one for us.
The checker says:
"Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 6Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 5Mbps and 8Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL2+ broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 17.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 15.5Mbps and 19Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 17.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 15.5Mbps and 19Mbps.
The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained."
Nothing about FTTC unfortunately. Speed is currently around 8 down and 0.3 up.
Estragon
Rising Star

That is strange then  :(.
If it had been less than 2-3 days it could very well have been showing up on all the relevant databases, including that one, with the data applicable to where it terminated the last time the number was used.
Usually the location update propagates through them in that time scale.  I have heard of the occasional one taking far longer, or even failing.
That's all I can say really. I hope you get it sorted.
haribo

I appreciate your thoughts, I guess that gives some hope that the data might not have been updated.
Thanks again!