cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Order - Very frustrated!

tomhall87
Grafter

New Order - Very frustrated!

Okay, so I've made a ticket to support because to be completely honest my broadband order with Plus.net has been a complete shambles.
Long story short,
I ordered broadband with a £1.50 a month (for 12 months) offer (not £2.50) with an install date for a new phone line on the 17th of September. A day I'm off work.
I phoned support with a question regarding Fibre and the next thing I know as soon as I get off the phone is that my ADSL order has been cancelled.
I phoned support asking WHY it had been cancelled and was told it was a mistake and that it would be reordered. I was told it would still be the 17th for the install.
I received a text/email telling me the install would be the 11th.
I'm charged £11.49 for a broadband service that I don't have yet and I'm not expecting to have until late September. (£9.99 + £1.50 for card payment because the Broadband offer and my DD details were removed on the accidental cancellation)
I messaged support asking to sort out the offer of (£1.50) and also asking about the payment of £11.49 that has been made.
I get a message from support saying sorry and that they'll apply the £2.50 a month offer, not the £1.50 a month offer I ordered and mentioned about a million times in my ticket.  Huh  Angry They also didn't mention the payment of £11.49 that I've already made.
I'm slightly concerned that things like the router for the broadband are not on their way because of the random cancellation too.
I'm utterly unimpressed by the way things have been handled really. If someone here could sort out applying the correct discount to my account and possible sorting out a refund for the month of broadband I've charged for, that would be appreciated.
13 REPLIES 13
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: New Order - Very frustrated!

Oh dear, that sounds like a right mess up. I reckon that the best person on the new Customer Relations Team (CRT) won't be here until Monday, but I'm sure it will get sorted out for you.
The modem/router is usually only sent out a few days before the install date but it should arrive in time.
You are certain that's a definite date and not a provisional one for the 11th? Worth double checking as there's been a few people who've got confused recently.
CRT can do that as well for you if you don't have any luck on that before Monday, but you could try ringing the 0800 customer order line, rather than the Support one to check.
tomhall87
Grafter

Seems pretty solid that it's the 11th for the line install. I've had a text saying so at least. Luckily I've got somebody that can be in the house to sort out the line install on the 11th now, so that's not too bad.
The only reason I'm concerned about the router order is that I'm sure it's usually in the list on the order tracker, and it isn't since the random cancellation.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Somebody can pick this up Monday and check for you.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tomhall87,
Welcome to the forums!
I'm really sorry to hear that you've been met with problems while setting the service, this isn't how we normally conduct business so please accept our apologies for the confusion that this has caused for you.
After reviewing your account I can see that you've had a lengthy conversation on the support ticket you raised and everything has now been re-placed and your queries have been answered so I'll presume all is fine now.
If there is anything more that you'd like to know then please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us here and we'll be more than happy to help.
tomhall87
Grafter

Cheers for checking this for me Adam, sorry to be a moaner about all of this. I do have another account with plus.net and I know the customer service is usually far better than this, which is probably why I've found this particularly frustrating.
If you could just confirm that I'm now on the £1.50 a month scheme for my adsl that would be good. I know I've been refunded £10 from the month that I've already paid but not 100% sure it'll be the £1.50 for the broadband next payment. If you could also check just to make sure that the router is ordered that'd be great.
Thanks.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tomhall87,
I have now updated the discounts for you as these had been set at the £2.49 for 12 months instead of the £1.49 for 12 months. This will be picked up for you on your next bill.
tomhall87
Grafter

And the router order? Has that gone through since the cancellation?
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi Tom,
Usually the routers are sent out via automation a few days before the broadband order is due to complete. However, to make sure its there, I've put it in the post for you today.
Dan
tomhall87
Grafter

Hi again,
BT are due today to install the phone line for my broadband and the connection for the broadband is due to go live tomorrow.
I still haven't received my router through the post that was sent out on the 2nd. I'm suspecting that it's probably gone to the wrong address with it being a plot number (the BT engineer also ended up on the wrong street completely until he phoned so it's a good job I took the day off work.)
Any chance you could check this for me? I suspect it's more of a royal mail thing however. I do have an adsl router that I've borrowed for now so it's not a huge worry.
How likely is it that the broadband will be active today after the phone line is installed.
DanHodby
Grafter

Its possible when the line has been installed the broadband order will complete too. If you could let me know when the engineer has been I'll activate your account for you.
As for the router, I personally sent this out 8 days ago....strange.
All I can do is send you out another one Sad Would you mind sending me  PM to make sure we are sending it to the right place.
Dan
tomhall87
Grafter

PM sent, thanks!
tomhall87
Grafter

Hey, unfortunately, it seems the same thing has happened with the router that was being sent out for the Fibre upgrade too. I got a text on the 19th saying it had been sent out but I'm assuming it was sent to the plot number again. BT Engineer is due to arrive tomorrow to install the fibre but still no sign of a router. After this happened last time Dan H sent a new router out to the address with the house number (instead of the plot number) and that arrived perfectly fine. Royal Mail/My Post Man seems to have trouble with plot numbers.
Luckily I do have a spare router that I can use tomorrow for when the BT Engineer arrives but hopefully this can be sorted soon. Any chance of changing my address in the account page so this doesn't happen again?
tomhall87
Grafter

Also BT are supposed to be coming to install fibre today and an am appointment was booked. Not heard anything from them yet. Last time the engineer that fitted the phone line went to the wrong house originally (probably like the router...) and he had to phone me to ask which house it was. Any way of double checking if the engineer is lost? Will he have my mobile number just in case?