cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Order Broadband - Question!

tomhall87
Grafter

New Order Broadband - Question!

Hello there, I've actually been with Plus.net on a separate account for years but have just moved out of the parents abode into my own place and ordered new internet, leaving my beloved Fibre connection behind.
The new home is a brand new build so I phoned Plus.net last night as the house doesn't have a house number yet (only a plot number) and I wanted the order to go through smoothly. I spoke to a lady on the phone who was quite helpful but did suggest that to get the current offer available (£1.50 a month for 12 months) I'd need to do the order online. I was told that Fibre is not currently available at my new address but that Fibre is coming on Wednesday the 17th of September.
I went through the order process online and I need to have a new phone line installed at the house. The earliest date BT can get out to do that is Wednesday the 17th of September...The same day Fibre will be available at my new house. My plan was to order ADSL broadband and then upgrade to Fibre as soon as it became available, however, doing this, I'm pretty sure I'll lose any offer I was going to be getting from ordering the ADSL (the £1.50 a month). Is there any way of changing my order to a Fibre order and taking advantage of one of the Fibre offers currently available...seeing as the phone line will be installed the same day I can get Fibre anyway?
Thanks for any help with this.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Order Broadband - Question!

Hi tomhall87,
We're unable to treat any fibre orders or other orders as fibre until that's available.
Where as I can't make a promise about this you may notice that we have special offers on very frequently so it's likely to be the case that another special offer will become available when fibre is available at your new address.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tomhall87
Grafter

So I decided to phone Plus.net about this on Sunday and was I told to call the Customer Options Team and was given the number 0330 123 9197 which I just called and it didn't take me through to the customer options team. I spoke to somebody on the phone and explained the situation..she said she would speak to the customer options team about it and get back to me...I got placed on hold for 15 minutes and somebody from the customer options team answers, not knowing anything about my situation at all. A little unimpressed.  Huh
I again explained my situation to the man on the phone and he seemed a little blasé about the situation. I was told that another offer would become available when I upgrade to Fibre after my initial ADSL connection has been sorted. Fair enough. I also asked him how the order for the ADSL was getting on because of the weird house number situation with it being a new build house. He said it was going through fine.
I get off the phone and I have an email straight away telling me that I have cancelled my ADSL order and that a refund of the connection etc has been issued. WHAT?!
Can somebody sort this out for me? I didn't want the order to be cancelled at all. I never said that at all anywhere on the phone and it wasn't even discussed.  Angry
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi if your wanting this sorted ASAP your better off phoning even though that might not be what you want to hear, it's out side office hours for the forum staff now and so your issue may not get dealt with until office hours tomorrow.
tomhall87
Grafter

Phoned support and the guy that I originally spoke to. He said he had cancelled the order by accident and that he is sorting it. BT are going to phone me and talk about the appointment on the 17th. Hoping that it all gets sorted properly and that there are no delays because of this. Can someone from Plus.net just confirm that the order is now going through properly again with a planned date of the 17th for the phone line to be installed? Thanks.
tomhall87
Grafter

Had an email saying there was a problem with the order (after it had been cancelled and then reordered again). The email was asking for a telephone number for the ADSL to be activated on. Obviously I'm ordering a new phone line as part of my order so this doesn't apply.
I contacted support again because I assumed the order wasn't going through properly and I've been told I will be phoned tomorrow (28th) by a team leader. I'm hoping that everything is actually going through okay and that my order won't be delayed because of this random cancellation. The guy on the phone did mention that they can escalate orders through to BT if necessary, which seems to be appropriate in this case if the installation will be delayed.