Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Network and SNR

FIXED
ONeill1
Grafter

New Network and SNR

Hi all, sorry for making another account but can't retrieve my old account, not sending email link for reset password.

I've just been moved to plusnet new network 5/6 days ago so still in the traing period, higher SNR and upload speed and  connected toColindale Point of Presence, so here's my question.

My Download SNR at the minute is 9 db can some one set it to 6db please, has it was alright before the move at 6db unless you can't set it lower now due to new network settings or something. ?

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New Network and SNR

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 36.1 53.1
SNR Margin: 5.9 8.3
Errored Seconds: 9 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 50701 636837
Speed: 980 2560

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2272 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 2272
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 274
Indicative Line Quality: R Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 3

Your SNR increased to combat the errors on your line. We can request this back down to 6, but it's likely to increase again pretty quickly.

There have been a few disconnections on your line.

If you plug a phone in and dial 17070 running the quiet line test, is there any noise or crackling etc on the line?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ONeill1
Grafter

The only reason for the errors is because I think I have REIN/SHINE issue again.

It sat fine at 6db before with REIN/SHINE on, so yes please can you set it to 6 db unless it looks like a line fault, but looks like the same problem I had before.

The disconections are not me but the exchange after moving to the new network.

2016Oct18-1937-Rx_Noise_margin_(dB).jpg

What ever it is it is on 24/7 and always like that but if it is REIN again just like last time BT will do nothing and leave me hanging again.

Done a quiet line test and all seems fine, can't hear nothing on it.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

That's been requested, should take a few minutes up to a couple of hours to take effect. I hope all goes well.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ONeill1
Grafter

Thanks for that Chris Wink

Does my graph look like REIN/SHINE, had it before but was on constant unlike that graph, BT did tell me that there's not much they can do as long as you have a broadband connection they don't care plus the plusnet agent closed the case when I told him not to. Ticked_off