Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Installtion - BT Field Engineer Inspector

HavokRamirez
Dabbler

New Installtion - BT Field Engineer Inspector

Hi,
I had the BTOR engineer come around yesterday and setup my new plusnet internet. I was at work so my mrs let the engineer in and he began setting up the modem and hooking everything up. Now, my master socket is in the hallway and we use the net in the frontroom. Previously we were running off of a wall extension.
The BTOR engineer that came round simply hooked up our modem and router to the existing extension socket, not adding a new master panel for us. A bit later, a second engineer came around, who was a BTOR Field Engineer Inspector, he checked the original guys work and said it was wasn't done properly and would be in contact to get it sorted for us and done properly.
I have heard nothing since and just wondered if someone at Plusnet could advise if this is normal and how I can proceed with getting the work fixed?
On the plus side, I was quoted at 63mb speeds and am receiving 73mb so I'm very happy with the Plusnet service at the moment.
7 REPLIES 7
kuga
Grafter

Re: New Installtion - BT Field Engineer Inspector

I wish I could find how to get a BTOR Field Engineer Inspector to come to my house
Maybe he could sort out the problem about the BTOR database being incorrect and stopping me getting fibre
HavokRamirez
Dabbler

Can someone from Plusnet advise how I chase this up? At present, I am left waiting for this engineer to call my mobile whenever that may be. Do I need to call BT? Does Plusnet need to call BT due to you guys raising the order?
Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Usually Openreach would contact you directly rather than us have to chase this for you.
As you've not heard anything further I'll happily broach this with our suppliers tomorrow for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HavokRamirez
Dabbler

Hi guys,
Still heard nothing from Bt. Can someone give me an update please?
Thanks.
Bright
Grafter

BTOR clearly has a problem with FTTC installs not being carried out correctly. In my case the install was done by a contractor (Kelly Communications) rather than a genuine BTOR engineer. Having completed the necessary changes to the line at the cabinet and exchange he came to the house, plugged the modem in, checked the green DSL light came on and left. Didn't change the master socket faceplate to the new VDSL filtered faceplate, didn't test the line performance, didn't wait to check if I had connectivity to Plusnet, and was clearly keen to leave as soon as possible. Unfortunately my install wasn't later checked by an inspector!
HavokRamirez
Dabbler

Just got a call from the engineer and he's coming back today to redo so all sorted  Wink
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Glad to hear, let us know how it goes.