cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Install, No Connection Not Happy

TDIRich
Dabbler

New Install, No Connection Not Happy

hi, New fibre installed on weds and no connection since installation. The internet light on the plusnet router is steadfastly unlit. BTOR have been out today (fri) and have confirmed correct ip profile and 'tags' with BT Wholesale. Phone support has been good, all test logins tried, but still no connection. So it looks like i will be left unsupported without a service for the weekend. Is it even activated - i have not received a 'broadband ready' email from plusnet? Ticket #84033838
24 REPLIES 24
TDIRich
Dabbler

Re: New Install, No Connection Not Happy

posting this via an ancient smartphone, hence lack of paragraphs!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi TDIRich,
I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems getting connected. I can confirm that everything has been activated as per Service Notice: SN190243677 which was sent prior to the engineer visiting to complete the installation.
Would you be able to PM me the username that you've got into your router please?
TDIRich
Dabbler

hi chris, thanks for responding. PM sent (username includes the @plusdsl.net). The issue is one of pppoe authentication - it's simply failing for my and all test usernames using a wired connection straight to the OR modem
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the details - I see.
I'll give the Faults Team a nudge on this.
TDIRich
Dabbler

cheers chris
TDIRich
Dabbler

chased this up by phone and the faults team need to check things with BT OR, but won't do so @16:30 on a Friday afternoon. So no internet for past 3 days and now the weekend too....not a good start to this contract at all
TDIRich
Dabbler

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108801.0.html  This thread explains the issues I am having. The solution was:  "They had to re-jumper the fibre at the PCP(primary connection point) as 2 fibre lines had been cross connected". Can somesone get this possibility passed on to the faults team as an avenue of investigation with BTOR. Thanks
TDIRich
Dabbler

phoned through again (on day 4 of no internet) to chase this up with the faults team. At least they have booked another BTOR visit for Mon now....
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Let us know how today goes, I can see the engineer is currently working on this.
TDIRich
Dabbler

arrgh! In summary, after a complete recheck and a lift and shift I still have no pppoe authentication. This has now been raised up further within BTOR. One thing that was mentioned by BT wholesale was there is an open request to move my phone line frm BT Retail on the 24 April, this completion date might have have got mixed up with the broadband activation date in their systems? So this looks to be a backend setup issue as the all the phsyical connectivty seems to be fine (80/20 sync). Plusnet & BT OR need to recheck the setup (24hrs), but i still have no ETA as to when it will be fixed! On the phone to Plusnet again this afternoon...
TDIRich
Dabbler

can someone advise if my phone transfer from BT Retail can be postponed until this farce of a fibre installation is resolved?
TDIRich
Dabbler

plusnet team, are you able to put my phone transfer on hold until the fibre fault is rectified? If not can you list my cancellation options. As i have had no service for 6 days, this installation has simply failed, so what compensation can you provide for the @2 working days of my lost time in chasing up YOUR company to resolve.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi TDIRich,
You'd need to speak to our Customer Options Team to discuss your cancellation options, it's not something we would discuss on an open forum I'm afraid. With regards to your telephone transfer, I can't place the transfer on hold, it can be cancelled and placed again at a later date - I would speak to our Customer Options Team in the first instance though.
My advice would be to allow us to continue to investigate and resolve the issue as this issue is likely to continue to a different provider unfortunately. We would discuss compensation/good will with you once we get the issue resolved so that we we can work this out depending on how long you're without service for.
Our Faults Team are still working on this for you.
TDIRich
Dabbler

Another day (day7) with no internet and now no solution. The BTOR eng made a few basic checks and after a few calls has found it is a headend fault. This is Plusnet's equipment and there is no way to get an internet connection unless this is fixed by plusnet. So my time has been wasted due to a known fault. Plusnet could never have provided me fibre all along. Why not state this upon ordering, why not offer me adsl upfront until fibre was available? Is there a date for resolution - no. Does this effect other Plusnet fibre customers on my exchange - Yes. I've spoken to customer services about this, so will see what they call back with...