Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forum skin

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

New Forum skin

Hi All
Do you like this layout / skin or the old one?
I know I hate this layout and it is still buggy, the Forum doesn't rendere correctly in Internet Explorer v6 with a Screen resolution of 800x600 Pixels.   Sad  Sad
[Edit]
PlusNet is forgetting about web TV browsers and Mobil Phone browsers as well.
As chillypenguin said: (all website should be eee compatible; 7” (17.78cm) diagonal; WVGA (800×480) @ 133.3 PPI)
40 REPLIES 40
James
Grafter

Re: New Forum skin

Hard luck Gary Wink
Not applicable

If you will insist on using IE6....
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

... and using a resolution of 800x600
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

I have no choice but to us a Screen resolution of 800x600 Pixels.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: James_H
If you will insist on using IE6....

Yes I do insist on using Internet Explorer v6
Not applicable

We know Wink
jwing
Grafter

Quote from: Midnight

PlusNet is forgetting about web TV browsers and Mobil Phone browsers as well.
As chillypenguin said: (all website should be eee compatible; 7” (17.78cm) diagonal; WVGA (800×480) @ 133.3 PPI)

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the feedback  Grin
Just to point out that the community site will work in both Web TV and even on mobile phones, the display though will not be exactly the same as they all have very different rendering engines. It will also work on this "eee" computer (which i have just looked up as i have never heard of it) but again there will be things which don't display exactly the same as other formats.
It is very hard (if not near impossible) to make website display the same in every browser/format. For example on some mobile phones CSS is not even supported, hence there would be no styles but the site would be usable as it is design to "degrade" to still be usable. We do however intend to look at creating stylesheets in the future to support mobile devices for the community site, so that they get a great experience. As it stands however the number of users viewing the site on mobile devices i very minimal.
I know you main gripe is that its not perfect for you at the moment, granted there are still some minor issues with using 800x600 on this site, and as i told you in another thread according to our stats this is less than 3% of the users, but as promised we will endeavour to try and fix these issues going forward but i cant give you a timescale on this at the moment.
Thanks
Jonny
chillypenguin
Grafter

I have to say that the forums work quite well on the `eee`I am finding the body text of the posts clearer on my `eee` than on the 17" viewsonic on my desktop machine. Which is not showing the distinction between the grey and black text.
Chilly
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Just tried it on my Archos 705 with opera, looks OK there, dont know what its screen res is, might have to look it up, just found it spec is 800x480 Shocked Cool Roll_eyes
jmd
Grafter

Like front page [apart from dirty background for site] but do not like Forum layout - the posts do not seem as easy to read.
mcgurka
Grafter

Im not keen on it, the actual home layout seems too spaced apart, even on my 22" monitor, it takes me, what I feel, far too long to go from top to bottom.
I know SMF has the option to pick themes. Can you enable that so some of us can still have the old theme if we want?
chillypenguin
Grafter

That's a great idea
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Got to say I hate it, the old skin worked except for the colours, this one there is just Too much going on KISS.
As it is I use a screen size of 1280*1024 and have 4 pages of forum Icons to scroll to find what I'm looking for, so current skin will reduce the amount of visits I make as this is just a plain chore to find the sections/posts I want.  Give us a set of skins to choose from in our profiles not lump everyone on to one as this one is a lemming.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
MattGrest
Dabbler

Today is the first time I've seen the new design, and my 100% honest opinion is that I love it.
A job well done by the team concerned.
Matt Grest
Head of Future Development
PlusNet