cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre install - Router 15 min wait - bypassing?

MarcusJClifford
Grafter

New Fibre install - Router 15 min wait - bypassing?

Hi all,
I am due to have Fibre installed on Tuesday (currently a Plusnet ADSL2+ customer) and have received my router. A TG582n.
I have just been reading through the install guide and at step 4 is says once the router is wired up and powered on leave it for 15 minutes.
Is this to do with the TR-069 configuration? Can I bypass this by just manually entering my username and password as I know these details (I presume they are the same as my ADSL login details?)
Is that ALL the 15 minutes is for or does other activity happen during that time?
I was also going to bypass the router completely while the BT engineer is here and direct connect my computer to the LAN port and "dial" the PPPoE connection from the PC, again, once the fibre connection is made (as the VDSL layer) again, is there reason I should delay doing this immediately?
I am very knowledgeable about ADSL and such, but not familiar with Plusnet's policies and methods of doing things.
Thanks in advance,
Marcus
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: New Fibre install - Router 15 min wait - bypassing?

Doing it manually or via PPPoE or "whatever" is usually allowed by PN without any issues.
MarcusJClifford
Grafter

Thanks,
Can anyone else confirm (ideally Plusnet official confirmation) that I can change the TR069 login details to my personal details in advance of the connection to eliminate the need to wait the 15 mins?
Marcus
picbits
Rising Star

I have never used TR069 on my routers - I'm pretty sure I turned it off in the PN control panel before I connected up the router too but I could be mistaken.
I've had maybe 5 or 6 different routers in the last year for various reasons and have always configured them manually.
What I will say is that if you swap routers, irrespective of the TR069, it can take a little while before you get a sync, rebooting after that is pretty quick though.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Marcus,
Yep you can change to your details if you wish from tr069, you should then connect straight away.