cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre connection IP profile & connection speed mismatch

Craig4646

New Fibre connection IP profile & connection speed mismatch

Hi,
I just got connected to FTTC yesterday, and I am a bit confused as to what speeds my line is able to hold. According to the current IP profile using the speedtest on this link: http://www.speedtest.btwh...ceTesterWS/diagnostics.do I can an IP profile of 38Mbps down & 2Mbps up.
Originally I was estimated a line speed of approx 70Mbps, logging onto the Plus Net portal it current says this as my current line speed:
Phone exchange:
FLEET
Estimated line speed:
72Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-01-10 13:45:17
Current line speed:
78 Mb

The speed tests I have done are within what is acceptable for the current IP Profile. So I am thinking whether the IP profile is incorrect as the 38Mb sounds like its been capped to Fibre option 1 but a bit suprised the upload is limited to 2Mbps as would of expected it could handle more than this. It may be all the line is able to handle. Is there anyway to tell?
Thanks
Craig.
2 REPLIES 2
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: New Fibre connection IP profile & connection speed mismatch

Hi Craig,
I've just taken a look at your account and can see that you've been put on a 40/2 product instead of 80/20 I'm afraid. I've just placed a modify order for this to be changed over to 80/20 which should push your download and upload speeds up.
I would expect this to kick on on Monday morning or by the end of the day on Monday at the very latest. If this doesn't improve things, please do let me know.
Craig4646

Re: New Fibre connection IP profile & connection speed mismatch

Hi Chris,
Thanks for looking into this quickly. Not that it is a big issue as its still far faster than what I used to get. I'll let you know if this doesnt improve by Tuesday
Many thanks
Craig.