cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Install problems/diary. No internet connection.

jtm151
Dabbler

Re: New Fibre Install problems/diary. No internet connection.

To add:
Been trying to connect direct to openreach modem using different computers but this has made no difference. I did notice that I get the 651  error even if I try to dial without the modem attached.
This made me think that it is as though I am not getting a response from the modem.
I open the lan properties while connected direct to modem and notice that packets sent/received is 258 / 0. Sent is slowly climbing but received is staying at 0.
I am not sure but I guess I should get something back from the modem... even if it is an error?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I can see that Jon has been in-touch with you regarding this, we're awaiting further details back from our suppliers regarding possible issues with the modem, as soon as we have them(we will chase up today) we'll let you know.
jtm151
Dabbler

Have just spoke to Jon who was on hold to bt as I got through to him!
I advised that i would like to this be pushed so and engineer can be arranged today. Apparently the ticket that the last engineer raised is still being looked into by bt and another engineer can not be arranged until this has happened.
Jon advised that this may not be likely for today.
I have been waiting for bt to conclude their enquires into this fault all week now. The engineer that started this told me it would be done on the same day if not Monday (he came on saturday). I called on Monday to be told Wednesday... we are on friday and things still have not made any progress.
Who would I complain to over this issue since I can't get hold of bt? Ofcom?? Please advise of the correct complaint procedure.
Alex/chris or another plusnet forum staff, can you help me push for another engineer? It is looking more and more likely to be a modem problem. From what I understand bt have been looking into this for me already as they have communictaed with my modem and spent hours on phone to plusnet. WHY ARE WE STILL WAITING?

jtm151
Dabbler

Last friday I spoke to you guys who spoke to bt and got back to me.
I was told that bt would take upto a week to fix the problem.
However, bt had already fixed the problem (stopping them doing a lift and switch) and I got a phone call back 10 minutes later from bt offering to get an engineer out the same evening. This was at 5pm. BT said they were eagar to fix this for me. Admittedly they called back and ended up arranging one for the next morning, but this shows me that an engineer visit today should be possible... This matter should have been pushed this morning/bt should have sorted by now so an engineer could already be arranged.
I have been very patient with this matter so far but I am getting very frustrated now.
vultura
Rising Star

Not a good start at all Plusnet.
You do seem to have been patient so far, but like you my frustration would be on the rise by now.
I do hope you are not going to be charged for time when no connection was present.
Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
jtm151
Dabbler

I've heard back from Jon who is still  waiting for bt. He will be chasing again shortly (this was about an hour and half ago). BT wont allow another engineer until they finnish with the last engineers ticket which we have been waiting on since last week.
With growing frustration I call plusnet back to see what the deal would be if I cancelled my fibre order. I was told it may require another engineer visit and 5 days for the order to go through. I will double check this with Jon when he calls back.
jtm151
Dabbler

I heard back from Jon again. Bt will now allow another engineer visit.
The model office team want to communicate with the engineer while he is out... engineers are available tomorrow (saturday) but the model office is not.
Engineer arraged for Monday.
I read on forums somewhere someone else had a similar problem that lasted for weeks and it was not until an engineer came out who communicated with the model office team that the problem was identified.
At least we have progressed onto the next stage now. Fingers crossed again for Monday! The feeling I got was that we are running out of options if this engineer does not find the problem!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've been keeping my eye on it for you, let me know how the engineer appointment goes today.
jtm151
Dabbler

05-11  Engineer arrived at 8am.
The engineer tried a new openreach modem for me and I had exactly the same results.... still no connection.
The engineer spent hours on the phone to the model office.
During this time we noticed other engineers working on the cab outside my flat.
Our engineer went and spoke to them and apparently other people are having the same issues as me.
On the other hand bt told my engineer that there is another plusnet order on the same cab that I am on that is working?!?
I understand that our engineer was onto the model office team who was onto the people who made the cab. After a good few hours it seemed that the problem was diagnosed. The engineer told me that they think the problem is something to do with the actual fiber wires not being plugged into the corect place. Sorry but I am currently unsure of any details... as you can imagine... it is like a game of chinese whispers. But the engineer seemed to be fairly sure that they found the problem. He hoped they would get a fiber engineer out the same day or the following day. This was at about 11:30pm.
I call plusnet and inform Chris about the results a couple of hours later.
I understand Chris spends another couple of hours chasing this all up for me. He calls be about arround 4:15 and asks if I had heard anthing further from bt which I had not. However, during this conversation I notice that my internet light on router has lit up! I check google and it works!!!!
However, my excitment was short lived as when I went to load the next page the connection was lost again  😕
In hope that the problem is about to be fixed Chris tells bt that I had connection for a little while and I wait for the connection to come back. By 5:30 Chris had called be back but I still had no internet. I was advised it may come back up but otherwise BT will have update for us tomorrow.
06-11 update to follow.... I am currently waiting call back from Jon.
jtm151
Dabbler

06-11 - Chased plusnet at arround 1pm as had heard nothing. Jon will chase bt again for me asap and call me back.
Chased again 3:30pm. Jon had been in communiciation with Ahmed who i believe had to speak to the model office team and then come back.
Received a call back before 4:30pm... update for today is that the job has been marked for a triage engineer... unsure when exactly this will happen... hopfully find out tomorrow.
I think Openreach accept fault for this issue now. From what has been explained to me there has been some sort of cross over in connections with the actual fiber lines.I should be able to get more detail for this topic if/when they fix it!
Since there are probably a growing amount of customers in my area moving onto fiber and having the same problems, openreach will hopefully get this fixed sooner rather than later.
We are unsure why I got connection yesterday for a short amount of time.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
We've continually chased this all day, our next update is now tomorrow at 12pm. Jon or I will be in-touch.
jtm151
Dabbler

Thanks Chris. It seems we are getting closer to resolving this now! Cheesy
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: jtm151
I think Openreach accept fault for this issue now. From what has been explained to me there has been some sort of cross over in connections with the actual fiber lines.I should be able to get more detail for this topic if/when they fix it!

Does this mean that there is/was some sort of mix-up with jumpering in the Cab?
jtm151
Dabbler

Good morning anotherone!
I will ask Pluset to supply a little more detail when I next speak to them. I was told by Mondays engineer that the fibre line splits up (from the exchange?) and goes to 3 different cabs. All 3 of these cabs apparently are having fiber problems. I seemed to get the impression that the problem was with the fibre wireing/jumpering at the main exchange. I maybe wrong though.  😕
Here is the ticket update I received from plusnet yesterday:
As discussed a triaj engineer was tasked, to look at a cross jumpering issue affecting yours and at least one other circuit, this was 0856 today. We are yet to receive an update but Ahmed advises me we should have an update by 12pm tomorrow.
I actually received a call from a bt engineer this morning who had been called out to another job with same problem as me. He wanted to see if the problem had been fixed for me. I told him no and he called back 15 mins later to tell me that a special engineer was out yeserday looking into the problem and he is there again today.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There is currently an engineer on-site, so hopefully we'll have some good news today. Once it has been resolved then we'll be able to give the exact cause of this.
I'll update you again later today.