cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Install Broken After Two Weeks

stevebottrell

New Fibre Install Broken After Two Weeks

Hi
My DSL light on the bt fibre modem, has been off since Tuesday evening. Tried to use the fault reporter on website, broken, so reluctantly phoned support. They said there is a fault on the line , I know there is a fault otherwise I wouldn't be phoning YOU!, and they would get back to me, two days later no update.
From what I have read on this forum fills me with dread. I am wondering whether it's a sign of poor service for the next 18 months.
Hope this doesn't take months like others have.
1 REPLY 1
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: New Fibre Install Broken After Two Weeks

Hi stevebottrell,
Apologies to hear that you're experiencing problems on your line. It doesn't appear to be an actual fault on your line but that the actual provide order on your line has been cancel;l;ed by our suppliers.
This seems due to the engineer stating that there was a fault when the service was installed. I know you've had a service that has been working as I can see that, but I have to place a new order for you which(no engineer required) we will then attempt to expedite with our suppliers to get this order complete ASAP and closed off.
I've dropped a ticket on your account which you can view here and we'll keep you updated with the progress.
Apologies for the inconvenience, once your service is back up and running I'll make sure we look at your account regarding the downtime you will have incurred.