Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Extra limit of 250GB

BRABUS
Grafter

New Fibre Extra limit of 250GB

I have just noticed that Fibre Extra now has a 250GB limit.  Smiley
If someone has placed an order in the last week when it was 120GB but has not yet had it installed, will they get the 250GB limit ?
10 REPLIES 10
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: New Fibre Extra limit of 250GB

I'm pretty sure they'll be provisioned on the older product, but I'll double check this when I arrive at the office later ...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I have just noticed that Fibre Extra now has a 250GB limit.

and it looks like its provisioned on 80/20. Also the Value Fibre seems now to be 40/10.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BRABUS
Grafter

@Bob Pullen - if that is the case it would make sense for people to cancel their orders and then reorder - thats a lot of extra work for PN  Wink
@ MisterW - In English please  Cheesy
katie
Grafter

I would hope that it will apply to existing users of the same product.
Katie
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Banks and Internet Service Providers are equally renowned for going all-out to attract new customers whilst neglecting their loyal existing customers.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

MisterW - In English please

Fibre Extra is upto 80Mb downstream and 20Mb upstream.
Fibre Value is upto 40Mb downstream and 10Mb upstream.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: BRABUS
@Bob Pullen - if that is the case it would make sense for people to cancel their orders and then reorder - thats a lot of extra work for PN  Wink

Just had it confirmed. The change will go through as originally requested i.e. to the older 120GB product. To save complications, I'd recommend people wait until their install/upgrade is complete and then request a change to the 76Mbps/250GB product.
I've just published a blog here which links to an FAQ. I'd urge people to have a read of that before asking anything in this thread as there's a good chance you'll find the answer to your question there.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

BRABUS
Grafter

Thanks for the update Bob it does answer a lot of questions  Cool
I do have a question that your useful guide doesnt cover though.  It states that the upgrade to the new extra means that you start a new 18 month contract and that you wont upgrade until your next billing date.

My in-laws don't go live with you until 24th August, so you are saying that they will have to wait until 24th September before they can get the extra 130Gb allowance and that they then start a new 18 months contract.  This really makes no sense as currently they  are still 2 weeks away from moving to Plus Net.  Surely this can be sorted out from day 1 for people like them ?  Otherwise it really does make sense for people to cancel and then reorder like I said earlier.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The problem with cancelling/reordering is the provisioning lead time, especially in light of the recent delays. If we cancelled the order now and then resubmitted it then there's a possibility the engineer appointment won't be until late September anyway Undecided
If you PM me their username then I'll have a look when I get a spare minute but I suspect I'll be pretty busy answering questions today! Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Locked in favour of this announcement - you got in too quick - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106965.0.html
I would like to keep all the discussions in one place
Note - if a question raised here hasn't been answered can you please repost it in the linked thread.