cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FTTC line - incorrect profile?

dgburton

New FTTC line - incorrect profile?

Hi,
I've just had a new FTTC line installed, estimated speed (prior to purchase) was 58mb d/l 19mb u/l, when running the BT wholesale speed test I'm getting 29mb d/l 6mb u/l.
According to the Plusnet website my Current Line Speed is 78mb....
I also have a neighbour (directly next to me, telephone line connected to the same drop-pole and cabinet) who is on BT Infinity and get's north of 65mb d/l and 19mb u/l, so it feels as if my connection either has a fault or is being limited (am I on the wrong IP Profile?).
It'd be great if someone from Plusnet could point me in the right direction...
Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New FTTC line - incorrect profile?

Hi there,
I've just looked at the account that your community username links to and I'm scratching my head as the fibre order for that account has an installation date in the future and there's no notes to show that it might have been switched on early. Do you have more than one account? Mind dropping me a PM with the username if you do please?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dgburton

PM sent!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks,
Just going back to this now, there's evidently some confusion surrounding the status of your order as I've definitely checked the right account.
I'm talking to our suppliers now to clear this up as we'd need the fibre order to be closed before we'd be able to deal with any potential faults with the service.
I'll update the post again when I've finished speaking with them.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dgburton

Great - thanks!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
I've just finished dealing with this and confirmed that the order needs to be closed so we can look at your issue. I'm expecting that to happen tomorrow so I've set myself a reminder to take another look at this in the afternoon for you.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dgburton

Hi Adam,
I appreciate you doing that - look forward to hearing more tomorrow.
Is there anything I can be doing in the meantime? I have tried using the BT Wholesale speed tester - i.e. http://speedtest.btwholesale.com but it errors at the "Further Diagnostics" stage stating:
"The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider."
Thanks
Dan
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Is there anything I can be doing in the meantime?

Keep trying the BT speed tester but the issue is that we won't be able to broach the issue with our suppliers (via the faults process) until that order's been closed off.
I've just checked now and it's still showing as open on their systems, I'll beck this again in the afternoon for you.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dgburton

Hi,
Thanks for the update!
The BT Wholesale speed tester is still saying the same thing as yesterday - "The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider."
I'll wait to hear from you!
Thanks
Dan
dgburton

Hi,
Is there any update to this?
Many thanks
Dan
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
Sorry to say this still appears to be a problem, I've been in touch with our suppliers to try and get this resolved and it looks likely that this will be fixed tomorrow.
I'll revisit this tomorrow to make sure I push this back to them if it's still not been resolved.
Adam
EDIT: I've just checked the order again and it's now showing as complete. That's allowed me to run diagnostics which do flag a potential fault. You should now be able to raise that at http://faults.plus.net and we should be able to get that fixed without the need for an engineer visit.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dgburton

Hi,
Thanks for the update.
I'll log a fault not.
Incidentally the BT Wholesale Speed Tester still doesn't work - different error this time - see attached.
Best
Dan
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

We'll get this flagged with our suppliers when we raise your fault to them.