Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FTTC install and can't connect

digitalham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

New FTTC install and can't connect

I was booked for an FTTC install this afternoon but the engineer sent me a text last night to ask if he could come this morning. I said OK although I had a doctors appointment and had to leave before the install was completed and my wife is distinctly non technical.
When I left there was no DSL light. When I came back that had been sorted and the engineer had gone. He did leave his mobile number but it looks to me like he has done his job correctly - I have a solid DSL light on the Openreach modem and the phone line is working with the correct number. The problem is I can't get a connection. I opted to use my own router a Tenda N60 which I had been using on cable. I've modified the connect type to PPPoE and input the username I was given and the password I specified - same as used to log into the member site. It won't connect. I also have a BT HomeHub 3 which I tried to get to connect using my Plusnet credentials and that won't connect either.
I'm guessing this is an authentication failure but I'm not sure why - hasn't it been set up yet or have I got the wrong details. Do I need to call this in or just wait?
11 REPLIES 11
gnicholson8
Grafter

Re: New FTTC install and can't connect

Just to check you are using the username
username@plusdsl.net
per the connection settings Here
digitalham
Rising Star

Yes that's the format I have used.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Quote from: digitalham
Yes that's the format I have used.

That does seem extremely weird, especially if the DSL light is on. someone from PN should be around today and may be able to reply, have you tried calling PN support to see if anyone can help?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Your account probably hasn't been activated yet. One of the PlusNet Digital Care team will likely spot this thread shortly and activate it. If that doesn't happen then give the CSC a call and they should be able to activate it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

digitalham
Rising Star

I was planning to wait as I have other stuff to do today and don't want to sit on the phone for an age if it's just a case of waiting. Meanwhile I'll check to see if the router log gives a clue - I should have done that first I suppose.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there
The account wasn't activated on our end.
I've just done this and you should be able to connect now
If there's any further issues please let us know
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gnicholson8
Grafter

I was planning to wait as I have other stuff to do today and don't want to sit on the phone for an age if it's just a case of waiting. Meanwhile I'll check to see if the router log gives a clue - I should have done that first I suppose.

Well, it looks like it is sorted, hope you enjoy the fibre....
digitalham
Rising Star

Yes a quick router reboot and it's up and running. Thank you.
Now to call VM to cancel Smiley
gnicholson8
Grafter

Now to call VM to cancel Smiley

Good luck with that, VM are a nightmare to deal with.
digitalham
Rising Star

Yep. As you'll see if you read it though it didn't take much effort or very long to sort out. All big companies have their issues.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,121512.0.html
dick:quote
gnicholson8
Grafter

Glad to see it's sorted and that you're now one of us!!!! 😛