cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FTTC install. Speed slower than expected.

Gatekeeper1999

New FTTC install. Speed slower than expected.

Hi there. I have today been upgraded from Adsl 2+ to FTTC. I am paying for the 80/20 package and the initial tests showed I should be getting about 53 down. I am in fact getting 37/9 which seems very much like the 40/10 package. Can someone at plus net tell me what's happening. 
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
reddev87
Grafter

Re: New FTTC install. Speed slower than expected.

I would say it's a distinct possibility that you've been provisioned on 40/10 by mistake - it happens sometimes. If that's the case, a staff member can switch you over to 80/20 quite easily.
You probably won't get any staff to respond here until Monday though.
Gatekeeper1999

Thanks Reddev87.
It's weird that this keeps happening to people who pay for the more expensive package. Lots of examples on this forum. Anyway a weekend of 40 down isn't too much of a hardship  Smiley
Gatekeeper1999

For what its worth, here are the various diagnostic results:
BT Wholesale
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 37.6 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 8.92 Mbps
Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
Plusnet website (connection settings/high speed broadband)
Estimated line speed:
52Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-04-04 10:37:20
Current line speed:
38.6 Mb

BT Wholesale broadband checker
Attached
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
I can see we've checked and you have been provisioned on 80/20. Our faults team will be in-touch once they've tested your line with their findings and we'll go from there.