cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FTTC customer what speeds acceptable?

nora6672

New FTTC customer what speeds acceptable?

Hey all, Ive just bought my first house a few weeks back and opted for the Plusnet Unlimited Fibre, it got installed on Thursday 24th, engineer done his little test and seemed to think Id get 80mb down and 20mb up, which was great, however im not getting anywhere near that?
So is it normal to take a few days to come upto speed, as since the install the speeds been pretty consistent?
Ive got the OR modem plugged into the master socket, with no extensions connected, below are some of my stats from a wired connection!
Oh and just to eliminate them, Ive used a different router and pinched my parents OR modem with the same results!
5 REPLIES 5
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: New FTTC customer what speeds acceptable?

Are you testing using wireless or an ethernet connection? If wireless, try ethernet if you can. The screenshots show that you should be getting the full whack on your connection.
nora6672

Quote from: Jaggies
Are you testing using wireless or an ethernet connection? If wireless, try ethernet if you can. The screenshots show that you should be getting the full whack on your connection.

For the purpose of testing Ive been using a wired connection, pretty much eliminated everything my end now!
AndyH
Grafter

Can you try http://www.speedtest.net/ and post the image result? Also trying pinging bbc.co.uk and post the results (Start > Run > Cmd > ping bbc.co.uk).
You should also edit your Member Portal pic as it contains your user id.
nora6672

Here we go, using speedtest.net and mybroadbandchecker.com I seem to get pretty consistent results since the install, got pretty obsessed testing it now! lol
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there
I've run a quick test on your line but I can't see any reasons why the speeds are fluctuating as they are
Can you run through our troubleshooter below then we can take a further look into this
https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults
Any further issues give us a shout
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team