Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FTTC customer current speed query.

justdave
Grafter

New FTTC customer current speed query.

Hi
I joined Plusnet yesterday with FTTC. My estimate was 51mb down and 13mb up. I'm currently getting around 48 mbit down and 17 up. In the control panel it says current speed s 78mb?
What am I connected at? I can't see the stats on the ECI modem. If it is 78mb how do I get the extra speed?
Thanks
Dave
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: New FTTC customer current speed query.

If you run the BT Wholesale speed test: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ then select 'further diagnostics' you will get (amongst other things) your BT IP Profile, this is set at around 97% of your sync speed.
The Plusnet Current Line Speed should match this figure (rounded down slightly) but it takes time to update.  78 is the initial setting for new fibre connections (on 'up to 80Mb/s').
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
justdave
Grafter

Ah OK thanks. That says:  IP Profile for your line is - 50.44 Mbps. I guess hopes of a higher speed are dashed in a flash. Smiley
njay
Grafter

Yes. Looks like the estimate was spot on.