cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FTTC but wrong IP Profile

Muttley62
Grafter

New FTTC but wrong IP Profile

FTTC connected yesterday - estimate 57.1 Mbps but downloading (wirelessly) at around 40 ish Mbps.  However, I have noticed that my line speed is 78 Mbps and that my IP profile is 42.54 Mbps.  Why is there so much difference between my line speed and IP profile?  Is it incorrect?
9 REPLIES 9
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: New FTTC but wrong IP Profile

Hi Muttley62,
Your currently on the correct product for speeds of 57.1Mb/s, are you able to try a wired connection to see if there is any difference?
KevinG
Rising Star

Plusnet sets all line speeds to 78Mbps until the first "delta report" of the actual IP profile is received. It's just the 42.54 you need to be concerned with and whether this should really be higher. For an estimate of 57.1, one would normally hope so. Is yours a pretty straightforward installation, nice short modem cable to the master socket, no extension wiring?
Just seen Chris's response, don't really see how wired/wireless is relevant as OP has quoted the IP profile.
Muttley62
Grafter

Modem sits in the hallyway right in front of the master socket.
jim:quote
Muttley62
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi Muttley62,
Your currently on the correct product for speeds of 57.1Mb/s, are you able to try a wired connection to see if there is any difference?

If my IP profile is 42.54, then wireless or not surely that is the most that I will ever be possible of getting?]
jim:green quote fixed mod:end
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ahh my mistake, can you login to your router and click disconnect and then power down your modem. Leave this for a few minutes and then power back on and login to your and click connect.
There's nothing stopping your connection from reaching your estimate.
Muttley62
Grafter

How will this affect the IP profile?
jim:quote
Muttley62
Grafter

Powered down and reconnected - no difference. Why is the IP profile set so low?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Because it is directly calculated from the sync speed - and no I don't know why the estimate is wrong but it often is
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I know it's early days, but it looks like it'll be worth running through our faults wizard at http://faults.plus.net and we'll take a closer look,