cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer -why is there an engineer at my property & I know nothing about it?

emerald
Grafter

New Customer -why is there an engineer at my property & I know nothing about it?

What a dreadful start as a new customer.
The engineer phoned my mobile at work, asking where I was. Eh?
I requested several dates on the application, all of them were afternoon times. But I have not been notified of any appointments. How is that possible?
I have just phoned customer services and they tell me there is a 17 minute wait to get through to their provisioning department. Should I send Plusnet a bill for my time?
Really not impressed  Sad
Do Plusnet and Openreach not communicate?
9 REPLIES 9
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: New Customer -why is there an engineer at my property & I know nothing about it?

Plusnet communicate very well; unfortunately very often, BTOR don't reciprocate!
emerald
Grafter

Re: New Customer -why is there an engineer at my property & I know nothing about it?

Big thumbs up for the effort from Plusnet to sort the issue.
Fingers crossed.  Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Thanks for your time on the phone, hopefully you'll get sorted this afternoon, let me know the outcome.
Chris
emerald
Grafter

Unfortunately not Chris.  Sad
I managed to get home for the pm appt plusnet had arranged without informing me. And no one showed up!
I have just phoned cust serv, after 15 mins the call was answered. I was then told they would put me through to provisioning to rebook the appt....another 15mins on hold I get cut off!
I am beyond angry.  Cry
None of this is my fault and now I'm told my old broadband will cease tomorrow leaving my family with no internet over the weekend until you come out.
I suggest someone from plusnet rings me to rearrange asap.
emerald
Grafter

17 minutes on hold and CUT OFF again  Angry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've asked Chris Purvey to get in touch with you about this, he's already been on to Openreach about the appointments and will contact you asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Could you also PM me the phone number you've dialled from? I'm concerned at the calls cutting off and want to try and track these down in the phone system.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ianc1990
Grafter

Just to add my 2 cents guys.
One of the guys I work with was trying to get through the other day and whilst your call stats were at longest call waiting of 17 minutes, he was on for 34 and then got cut off.
He then tried calling again and got cut off again after about 20 minutes....
Chris
Legend

Thanks Ian, I've seen a few reports of this recently hence wanting to look deeper into it to try and find where and why calls are being cut off.