cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Practically no service :(

hduhig
Dabbler

New Customer - Practically no service :(

I recently moved home and had been a customer of BT for many years and although their prices are higher I never had any problems with service or connection, it was only when moving home that they decide to hold me to ransome with installation charges and signing 2 year contracts that I took a referal from a friend and signed up with PN.
It is one month on from connection and I have not had a single day without the service dropping!!
I appreciate it takes time for a new line to settle and was quite happy to sit back patiently and wait, but the last week and a half have been a nightmare, my service dropped completely, no broadband at all, I tried all the usual recommended tests and still nothing, I placed a ticket reporting and am only now getting a visit tomorrow from an engineer to check a) whether ive done something wrong!  (insulting) or b) if the scoket in my house is broken.  The service came back up over this weekend and although was still dropping continuously at least it was connected and I could get some much needed work done... untill it dropped again yesterday and has completely gone again!  am really really frustrated, and will now have to take an afternoons holiday from work to sit home while an engineer tells me everything is set up fine and the problem must be external or at exchange!! 
If anyone can throw some light on this, have had similar problems, how long does it take to resolve, will it ever get resolved??  Im losing resolve, money, time and patience.
Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New Customer - Practically no service :(

Hi there,
I can see there's an engineer due out tomorrow, hopefully that will sort things out. I'm afraid we can't really advise of a standard fix time as there isn't really one - it depends on a large number of unknown factors.
We'll update you as soon as we get the notes back from the engineer, though if you could advise how the visit goes tomorrow it'll help the investigation.
hduhig
Dabbler

Re: New Customer - Practically no service :(

Thanks Matt
I will let you know how the visit goes.