cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer: Order tracking line fault?

koumi
Dabbler

New Customer: Order tracking line fault?

Howdy!
I am eagerly waiting for you to take over my existing broadband that I currently have with Sky (paying for 20meg unlimited, receiving poor speeds 6-9meg) your service promises a estimated speed of 40megs fibre optic through my phone line (anything is better than my current speeds)
But I have a problem  Embarrassed  I ordered the service on Saturday morning and later on I received a text message off you on my mobile saying "Your broadband order is delayed.  This may be due to the MAC key used. You can call us on 0800 432 0200 or goto help.plus.net"  (this also generated a ticket number)  52857312
The ticket mentioned I have a line fault and I am to be contacted shortly.... still waiting  Undecided
can anyone update me on the progress please?
21 REPLIES 21
koumi
Dabbler

Re: New Customer: Order tracking line fault?

STILL WAITING  Angry
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You've already had your wrists slapped for cross posting - suggest you read the forum rules - especially those relating to bumping.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Apprentice
Grafter

@ koumi,
You can call us on 0800 432 0200 or goto help.plus.net"  (this also generated a ticket number)  52857312

Give them a call and see what's up, it could be quicker if you're in a hurry.  Wink
koumi
Dabbler

Thank you @ Apprentice;    I've been in a rotten mood all day waiting for the postman (I got some goodies coming in the post) and he hasnt shown,  I remember the days of which you would be woken up at 8am for any sort of parcels... this doesn't seem to be the case anymore!
Just tried to phone and there is a 15min queue.. I will try again in the morning  Huh
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi koumi,
I've just referred your ticket to a member of our provisioning team, there'll be an update on there for you later today. Really sorry about the delay there.
koumi
Dabbler

Thank you Matt your reply is really reassuring  Wink    I phone up tech support after I had a little bit of fizzy pop to calm me down and found out the original MAC code had a N instead of a M  and this caused the order tracker to go AWOL  was advised over the phone my order will be re-refreshed with the new MAC and this should sort it out and was told I'll get a call back...
jim:quote
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Oh dear, please read the forum rules

Use of Quotes

Quotes can be a very useful way of making your reply to a post clearer by indicating which post or part of a post you are referring to.
However using them incorrectly can be annoying and make threads very hard to read.
The following rule applies to the use of quotes.
Only quote the full content of a post if :-
a) it is NOT the post immediately before your reply
b) You find that your reply has been forced onto a new page (then edit in the full quote if it's needed.)
In all cases you should think before quoting and wherever possible only use a part of the post you are replying to in order to make it clear which bit of a post your reply refers to.
The Moderators will remove unnecessary full quotes where they are posted immediately after the post being replied to.
koumi
Dabbler

Wow I am having serious doubts about joining plus net!  It takes 6hours to respond to my thread only to be told I'm breaking rules from posting elsewhere (to attract a plus net official) - which worked then get slapped in the face for bumping my original thread due to little or no interest in my outcry then thrown to the curb due to using a quote to thank a member of staff!
What sort of community is this?!  Be reassured I'm cancelling my new account that I opened on Saturday tomorrow this stinks!  Shocked
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Just in case you are unaware these forums are moderated by Plusnet customers not staff.
koumi
Dabbler

sorry alanf to say this directly to you, but it doesn't make it ok... I still have the issue that I have been treated in this way you can see from my post count that its relatively low and it shows I have never been on the forums.  all-I-wanted-was-help...  Undecided
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It is a community where a number of older posters like to stick their oar in. Sad
With respect to bumping and quotes you will have noticed that, other than correcting the quote the moderators haven't taken any action and I hadn't intended to.
Basically we allow new posters a fair amount of slack before advising that they are repeatedly breaking the a rule or rules and you were nowhere near that point
matt_2k34
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
It is a community where a number of older posters like to stick their oar in. Sad

As with any community, and unfortunately there are several 'members' who see themselves as 'moderators'  Roll_eyes when in reality, they should just flag up posts/threads to the correct people. (Or just be patient and wait for a mod to find said thread)
kuomi - thankfully the MAC transfer should go through hunky dory now its teh correct code Smiley

sorry alanf to say this directly to you, but it doesn't make it ok

indeed, i think that perhaps some people should be spoken to about how they deal with themselves on the forums - and how they deal with customers / potential customers.
Can honestly say I'm a long standing, very happy plusnet customer (see how long in the sig Wink ) so hopefully after the starting stumble - you can get a decent service without the need to cancel the account.
Regards
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

ooh, Koumi, I hope we haven't scared you off!    Embarrassed
We are nice on here normally!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Koumi,
Just seen the update on your ticket, don't worry about calling back at 9 unless you really want to. I'll get on to our prov team again (really sorry you didn't get a proper response yesterday, I'll be looking in to that) and someone will be calling you this morning to confirm we've progressed the order.