Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - No internet

marino999
Hooked

New Customer - No internet

Hi all 

I've recently transferred my broadband to Plusnet from TalkTalk.  This was on Monday and I haven't had any internet since.  It's an absolute shambles.  

Got an engineer to come round today who has tested the line etc and everything is working, yet I can't get any broadband.  Router keeps flashing orange with the red b, so Plusnet are sending a new router.  In the meantime I thought I'd try and use my old talk talk router but can't seem to get that to set up either.  When i go into the settings and follow the instructions on the plusnet site there is a VLAN ID but no instructions on what this should be, any ideas?  

All other details I follow etc but still no internet. 

Very frustrated and not impressed. 

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: New Customer - No internet

@marino999  Welcome to the forum.

I don’t know if your modem/router is compatible but the settings are here.  https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

marino999
Hooked

Hi, thanks for that. 

I've already been through those steps but didn't seem to work. 

The Talk Talk router I have is a Sagem - about 18 months old. The router Plusnet sent out doesn't work whatsoever. 

The question on the setup was around the VLAN Id - no idea what this and the Plusnet guide as no mention of it. Seems to be default at 101?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@marino999 

Are you reading the correct section. The VLAN settings for fibre are shown as 101 and 0.

What do you mean by the Plusnet Hub not working, which Hub is it and what lights show.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

marino999
Hooked

I received my hub on Tuesday, plugged in, no internet.  Switched it off until Wednesday morning, same thing. Constant flashing orange bar and a red B flashing. 

Returned to factory settings etc, followed all the protocols, still nothing.  So trying a different router until the new one arrives. 

BT engineer has been today and his machine is working fine, picking up the speed through the DSL cable.