cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Need Help!!!

stopit

New Customer Need Help!!!

Hi i am a new customer.switched on on Tuesday but have had very slow internet since then.

I have tried all the help advice i could find and have opened questions with the fault team but no look so far.

My estimated line speed is 3mb (3mb down and 0.8mb up) but i am only getting  about 0.20mb down and 0.70 up.

I have tried all the tips i could find,including new cables,pluging in  the test plug,not using wifi but nothing makes any difference.

The fault team turned on interleaving last night and that has had no effect to my speeds as well.

Estimated line speed:3.0Mb (This may vary between 2Mb and 5.5Mb) - Checked on 2016-07-13 13:23:40Current line speed:0.2 Mb

As you can see this is well under what i was expecting, My ping has stayed around 30ms which i am happy with.

This is some info from my router

5 - Mode ADSL
6 - Uptime: 0 days 11:01:30
7 - Data rate: 736/4256
8 - Maximum data rate: 912/4612
9 - Noise margin: 10.0/7.5
10 - Line attenuation: 30.5/50.5
12 - Data sent/received: 32.1M/53.5M

So any advice would be a great help right now.

7 REPLIES 7
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: New Customer Need Help!!!

Hi stopit,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for getting in touch with us.

With this you are currently in a 10 day stabilisation period where your new connection will fluctuate as the line finds it's most stable connection. I advise you to monitor this and if there is no change after the 10 day period then please contact us as soon as possible so that we can investigate this for you.

stopit

Thanks Ben,but is this normal for a new acount and will i have to put up with this speed for the next 8 days or can i expect to see it get better over the coming days? It has stayed stable at these very low speeds so should i expect to see it slowly rise or will i get a big jump at some point? i will keep an eye on it and hope for the best.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Current line speed:0.2 Mb

7 - Data rate: 736/4256

@BenB, Not sure that's fluctuation, looks like the PlusNet profile is stuck OR there's been a low sync event and it hasn't caught up yet

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

This is normal for a new connection on ADSL. To be honest it's hard to say what it will do as the connection will fluctuate but towards the end it should stay level but if it is not at the connection that you were quoted then you need to contact us to investigate further.

@MisterW - It's in a 10 day stabilisation period as it is a new ADSL connection so it will fluctuate over that time period.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@BenB  I don't think the OP's situation is normal, the PlusNet line speed is ridiculously low, the sync rate is over 4Mbps so why is the line speed 0.2Mbps. You could at least update that to a more sensible value close to the BT IP profile. In my experience the line speed does not fluctuate during the initial 10 day period unless there is a line fault. You have not been pro-active in your support for this customer and basically used the 10 day stabilisation period as an excuse to do nothing which I find disappointing. Unfortunately the general level of support seems to be in decline. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for any inconvenience @stopit.

I'm glad to see the speed profile on your account was corrected yesterday and since then has increased further through automation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I'm glad to see the speed profile on your account was corrected yesterday

Thanks Harry

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.