cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer, Fastpath request + Uncap upload

MickHowes1
Grafter

New Customer, Fastpath request + Uncap upload

My internet is due to go active on saturday on the Plusnet unlimited package, i was contacted on twitter that i can get fastpath and i can also get my upload speed uncapped form 0.37 to around 1 mbps or not far below. i would like fastpath profile as i game alot and would like a better upload for possible video uploads.
40 REPLIES 40
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: New Customer, Fastpath request + Uncap upload

A PN staff should be able to help you with this shortly. 
PM Chris Purvey, Matt Taylor if urgent.
Welcome to plusnet
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi  MickHowes1,
Welcome to the forums. Your Local Exchange does not have ADSL2 (Up to 16Mb) support yet, therefore your line has been provisioned on 20CN (Up to 6Mb). With 20CN we can uncap the upload, however this is chargeable and comes under the <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/prioritised-service-faq.shtml">Max Premium</a> option.
I can certainly arrange for your line to be on Fastpath once your broadband order completes without any problems.
Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
MickHowes1
Grafter

Yes i would like to be on fastpath, and do i need to pay for uncapping my upload? there was no mention of this on twitter from a representetive... and will i bew able to get a low ping of say 15-20 etc? and my line speed estimated in ym contract was between 7-8mbps and upto 16 mb unlimited package
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your speed estimate does say 8Mbps, however, the product is advertised Up to 6Mb) as per Ofcom regulations. Some lines may achieve speeds which exceed this, however it is advertised lower as a large amount of people on 20CN are unable to achieve 8Mbps speeds - you may well be an exception.
It's impossible for me to say what ping rates you are going to get, however, I would guess that your pings will be low if you are relatively close to your Local Exchange (If you're estimated good speeds, you are likely near the exchange). Your exchange does not have 21CN (Up to 16Mb) technology installed in it, which is why we are unable to provide you with that service.
When the technology does become available, we will be sure to migrate you over free of charge. As I stated previously, on 20CN, the uncapping your upload speeds is chargeable on the Max Premium product. Once your exchange is regraded to ADSL2 and we migrate you onto it, we can uncap your upload speeds without any issues, free of charge.
Let us know when your broadband order completes and we'll make sure you are on fastpath.
MickHowes1
Grafter

im bout a 1minute walk to my exchange bout 50 yards? my ping times on VM fastpath were 19-22ms am i likely to see this again? and the deal i got was Upto 16mbps download speed, im not complaing i mean i havent even got it in yet..... but im hoping to be on about 6.94mbps because virgin gave3 me tht for a whle then started capping me.. there downloads are awful but pings are good.....
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We can only really go on what is available at your exchange.
I honestly couldn't say what your exact speeds or pings are going to be, only because there are quite a few factors that could determine what you will get. Those factors include, your line length, cable quality and the quality of your own internal wiring for example.
Once you're connected up, we'll certainly take a look at your connection and ensure we're getting the best from your line - if you're not, we'll work with you to get the best we can out of it for you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm also on a 20CN only exchange. I have the Max Premium upgrade and am about 0.7 mile from the exchange.

Hope that helps
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MickHowes1
Grafter

thanks for the post lad, seeing your speedtest it looks asif itd be mint for cod, have u got fastpath profile? and if so what db id love a 24 pinggggg
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Yes, that is fastpath
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MickHowes1
Grafter

do you roughly know what ur ping is on interleaved?
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

what is fastpath ?
MickHowes1
Grafter

rough description - basically instead of packets taking extra unneeded steps they go alot quicker, thereby loweing your latency on your line and responding alot quicker.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Or for a more 'in depth' explanation http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/interleaving.htm
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Quote from: MickHowes1
rough description - basically instead of packets taking extra unneeded steps they go alot quicker, thereby loweing your latency on your line and responding alot quicker.

and does it affect downstream or upstream speeds?