Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Billion Bipac 8800 NL VDSL2 Router

kitz
Aspiring Pro

Re: New Billion Bipac 8800 NL VDSL2 Router

Quote from: AndyH
I don't think so - I read it somewhere, just trying to find the link

Im also trying to find the link, but BT did a massive overhaul of the site 2 weeks ago and none of my bookmarks now work...  but iirc the test parameters that BTw use is the diagnostics laid down and specified according to G.997.1
I hardly think the likes of Billion, Netgear, TPlink, etc etc would risk their reputation and churn out VDSL routers that dont comply with the standard.

AndyH
Grafter

It's not really a standard though - it's just just testing with the Openreach network. Most manufacturers don't seem to have gone through the testing - not sure why (maybe no real demand for VDSL modem/routers?).
The retrain threshold for DLM is 5, 10, 20 (Stable, Standard, Speed) in a 24 hour period.
We've seen with Asus that their VDSL modem has had issues - there are lots of posts like this http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20140324233428046&board_id=11&model=DSL-N66U&page=1&SLanguage...

kitz
Aspiring Pro

I cant recall as I dont have the document infront of me.. but wasnt the testing only required for ISP modem/routers that were to be shipped out by the ISP to the EU's for when they get GEA FTTC  (ie if the ISP decided to abandon the BToR modems) and supply their own unit such as what Sky have done?  If my memory serves me right Im sure it specified CP supplied modems.
AndyH
Grafter

That's right, the CPs have to go through the testing to confirm their modem/routers comply with various requirements.
Section 4 - https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/downloads/contractforgeaservice... and Section 3 - http://www.sinet.bt.com/sinet/SINs/pdf/498v6p0.pdf
Hardware manufacturers are also invited to test their equipment.
One hardware manufacturer put a news story up about how their modem/router had been through the testing and was certified - but I can't find the link.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I have spoken to plusnet on the phone at 12:51pm and they are going to reset DLM for me. advised me to wait up to 4 hours for the FTTC return to the maximum sync rate. So, it mean plusnet can reset DLM on FTTC.
AndyH
Grafter

I can't see how they will do that...
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

They told me on the phone they going to request engineer to reset DLM on the FTTC. No need for engineer to attend the cabinet. It can be done within 4 hours. That's what I been told. They told me to check sync rate around 5pm later. I have PM Adam C to see if that true or not.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

You are right Andy H as Adam C reply to me in PM saying:
Hi goldenfibre,
I'm afraid this isn't true at the moment, a DLM reset is currently only possible on site at the exchange which is why they only get done as part of a fault resolution.
BT are working on a tool to allow providers to do this remotely and at request but this is a little way off at the moment.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Plusnet told me that my connection drop have caused DLM on my line is the main reason. But, I thought DLM not interesting if you have PPP reconnection to different gateway? Plusnet say yes it does affect DLM if you kept changing to different gateway because DLM can see drop out connections. Plusnet say i have too many drop outs below:
I thought DLM only interesting on your VDSL2 modem connection to cabinet only. Not the router to plusnet gateway.
Last night plusnet profile change cause my line drop out!