cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BT IP profiles.

oldgeezer
Grafter

New BT IP profiles.

My exchange appears to be using the new 88.2% method of reporting IP profile and for the last 5 days BT Speedtest  has been giving a value of 6354 for the IP profile. The Plusnet profile appears to be stuck on 5500 for the same period. Is this because the Plusnet systems are still waiting for a report in the old format 5500 / 6000 / 6500 etc ? Will Plusnet be updating their systems to take into account these changes by BT ?
The 585v7 router that Jo-Jo supplied to replace the errant 585v8 router lasted one day. I came down the next morning to find the sitting room smelling strongly of baking printed circuit board, a smell I am familiar with after a working life in electronics. The router was very warm to touch and I wasn't happy with it cooking away directly beneath where we sleep.
Despite all the advice about Belkins and bargepoles I went out and bought a Bellkin F5D8636uk-4A which seems very happy  on my line and gives me excellent wireless coverage all around the house. If it has a fault it is that the GUI is a bit lightweight  and doesn't report uptime, it also doesn't work with full Routerstats but is OK with Routerstats Lite. As far as I'm aware looking at Routerstats Lite the thing hasn't disconnected except when I've been playing. It runs very cool in it's vertical mounting and looks the part with the blue leds and aerials on the top . Unobtrusive it aint !
oldgeezer
14 REPLIES 14
amcclean
Rising Star

Re: New BT IP profiles.

Just came back from a weekend away to find my line speed has dropped and i think i've been moved to the new profile system. previous sync allowed profile of 5500 now down to 4500. Checking this link:
http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/IP-Profile-change-methods/td-p/211701
and on checking bt speed tester my sync has been set at at a random number ending neither 0 or 5 so I presume my 21cn exchange has been moved to the new system.
My SNR has also increased over the weekend not sure if that could be related to the exchange settings being altered as it was previously set by Pn at 3 or 6.

Added
Download speedachieved during the test was - 4404 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2000-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :5472 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 445 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 4827 Kbps

amcclean
Rising Star

Re sync 2hrs apart only serves to drop sync.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Podman,
What does your latest BT speed test report?
Jojo Smiley
amcclean
Rising Star

Posted excerpt above from last night. Will do.another tonight. Snr had was 10 when I left house this.morning.
Podman
oldgeezer
Grafter

My Plusnet  IP profile has reset to 6000 overnight (thank-you Plusnet).
My BT profile is running at 6353 and the strange thing is that my download speed tests from My Broadband Speed and Speedtest.net are both greater than my Plusnet profile and only slightly less than my BT profile at around 6200/6226.
If my line stays stable at that speed I shall be a happy bunny.
oldgeezer
amcclean
Rising Star

HI Jo Jo,
attached speed tests before the change I had low snr between 3 and 6 with sync rates allowing 5.5mb 67?? last week, now high SNR and lower speeds.
Any help much appreciated I had the speed thanks to pns hard work a few months ago and now the new system appears to have affected it with a change to SNR.
Attached most recent speed test and previous tests showing speeds before change.

podman

amcclean
Rising Star

2nd test at some taime after 7pm I started the test and wemt out it only comoleted when i came back at 8:15pm
podman

all in master socket
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Podman,
I've nudged it up to 5000 our end to allow for the new IP profile.
Jojo Smiley
amcclean
Rising Star

Hi Jojo,

Many thanks, any chance of a snr reset too please this made fantastic improvement to things before.
Regards,
Podman
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I'll run a line check tomorrow and see how it's performing and take it from there.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to know it's running good now oldgeezer. Let me know if I can help you with anything else Smiley
amcclean
Rising Star

just tried a disconnect for 10 or 15 mins speed went down 😞 all was well until the new sync system. going to stop trying until you've had a look tomorrow.
podman
amcclean
Rising Star

Completed bt speedtest this morning snr still very high.
amcclean
Rising Star

Hi Jojo,
i have raised a request for the snr rest via a ticket 47362204
regards.
Podman