cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ADSL2 Connection - Settling Down? + Uncap Upload?

faulknerm88
Grafter

New ADSL2 Connection - Settling Down? + Uncap Upload?

Morning,
Thanks to the fantastic help from Mand, I'm now all set up with my new Business Broadband Option 3 package. My transition over to ADSL2/21CN has also gone through and I'm seeing a line speed of 18Mb and a sync of about 16Mb I believe at the moment.
I tried a couple of speedtests last night though, using BT's own speed check facility, and got some very low speeds - only 2Mb when I tried earlier on and not much above 6Mb at about 2am this morning. I'm assuming this is just because the connection/profile is "settling down"? Any idea how long this process is likely to take, before I'll see stable speeds at something close to the sync speed?
Also, how do I go about having the upstream speed uncapped - do I just need to raise a ticket?
Cheers,
Marc
Ps. If any member of staff is looking, this is on account mfaulknerm which is the new broadband account - this existing account is just my telephone service now. Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New ADSL2 Connection - Settling Down? + Uncap Upload?

Hi there,
The line training process can take around 10 days to complete, so you should be seeing some improvement to that soon.
With regards to uncapping the upstream I'm just seeing to that now, order 1-10633757486 is due to complete tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
faulknerm88
Grafter

Re: New ADSL2 Connection - Settling Down? + Uncap Upload?

Thanks Adam.  Wink