Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network problems

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Network problems

As I read it the redundancy worked:
The problem seemed to be caused by the CPU in one of our core routers causing OSPF and BGP bounces across the core. The affected router was isolated until this was resolved, and is now back in operation.

1. One router acts up (but doesn't fail totally) - we all see funny intermittent problems.
2. Router is isolated meaning we are switched to a secondary path - to us everything appears to be back to normal - but there is now no redundancy and the system is vulnerable to a second failure.
3. Router is fixed and restored to service - redundancy is now back to normal.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: jelv
As I read it the redundancy worked:
The problem seemed to be caused by the CPU in one of our core routers causing OSPF and BGP bounces across the core. The affected router was isolated until this was resolved, and is now back in operation.

1. One router acts up (but doesn't fail totally) - we all see funny intermittent problems.
2. Router is isolated meaning we are switched to a secondary path - to us everything appears to be back to normal - but there is now no redundancy and the system is vulnerable to a second failure.
3. Router is fixed and restored to service - redundancy is now back to normal.

Spot on Jelv, thanks
godsell4
Rising Star

OK, understood this was intermittent and things do not get bad enough to cause the fault detection mechanisms to realise this is a real problem. Sad
SW
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
esherapril

Hi all I have just read about this problem would that be why I have been having trouble with my connection it started last week when I kept losing my internet connection and would have to turn router off then on to get it back it happen this morning but has been fine since any ideas
James
Grafter

Hi there,
This problem will only have applied to the later hours of last night.
geewizz
Grafter

... and tonight, if http://www.plus.net/support/service/problems/problem.php?intProblemId=51255 is anything to go by.
Having followed Bob's link from earlier in the thread, I read it and then took a peek at the new priority problem. There's a striking similarity in the early symptoms.