cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network 4

spitsortie

Network 4

I have just upgraded my pc and it came with Windows 7 (a big upgrade for me) and although faster, the internet freezes quite regularly, and on the bottom icon, it insists I'm on Network 4 - what is this because I am using the same plusnet router supplied to me when I signed up. Can anybody advise please? Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
cedlor
Grafter

Re: Network 4

Is your connection to the router via an ethernet cable?
If the PC also has wireless has it been switched off? / uninstalled if your not using it?
Whats does it say when you click on the blue link  (open network and sharing centre) under where it says network4  .
(dont post router name or any other personal info)
spitsortie

Yes, it is connected via ethernet cable.. I'll have to look to see if the 'wireless' is on by default - it is an up and running system so figured Windows 7 would take on the software etc, from Windows XP of the old system..
Opening the panel as you said, It says 'Network 4' and is between the computer and Internet icons ...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If it works, do not worry about it.
Windows can get its internals twisted about its network configurations.  It can end up with having several 'versions' of a network-connection-name. Seems like your wifi network is called "Network"?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spitsortie

Thank you - my thoughts were that paying for plusnet I didn't want a bill to drop through the letterbox from another company because they had hijacked the pc... Smiley