cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear WNR1000 N150?

GJenkins
Grafter

Netgear WNR1000 N150?

Just took delivery of the fibre router and the chart on the back appears to suggest that it doesnt support simultaneous downloads, online gaming, or even HD Video Streaming (one of the reasons for choosing fibre).
Any idea if I have been sent the wrong version??? If the chart is correct then I need at least the N300?
Thanks Smiley
6 REPLIES 6
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Netgear WNR1000 N150?

I think the N value, 150/300, refers to the top speed of the wireless connection.
lexusuk
Grafter

I'm assuming that you are referring to the following chart:

Effectively this chart simply states that the N300 and N600 routers have a faster wireless speed.  Rest assured you have received the correct router and you shouldn't have any issues.  The Netgear WNR1000 (N150) is more than quick enough to carry a 40Mbps broadband connection*.
* providing the signal strength is high enough, you have a compatible wireless N adapter, etc etc.
GJenkins
Grafter

Mainly the online gaming part of it. Thats some seriously bad mis-information from netgear as it would suggest you cannot play online games (EverQuest)! As long as it will work though, I'll be happy. Netgear needs a slap on the wrist for that! lol
GJenkins
Grafter

Well I opened the box (double shrink-wrapped) and found the router in a re-sealed bag (a netgear sticker seal  placed on top of a torn sticker) a yellow ethernet cable (to connect to modem assumingly) power adapter and a stand.. missing are any netgear CD or Manual...
lexusuk
Grafter

Not to worry.  Our Netgear router does not come with a manual despite information to the contrary on the list of included items on the box.  Also the configuration is all done via your web browser and as such there is no requirement for an installation CD.
I'd recommend reviewing the following setup guide here:  http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/fibre/fibre_install.shtml
This explains exactly how to install a Fibre connection from start to finish.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Indeed, its because netgear are obviously trying to sell the WNR3000 in stores, over the 1000... it would be better if PN were getting just a 'white box' solution - but the box is so pretty Smiley
This explains exactly how to install a Fibre connection from start to finish.

Provided the person can get online, and hasnt left it until the BT engineer has started work to start configuring the router ! haha
Regards