Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear WNR1000 Keeps on disconnecting

active8
Grafter

Netgear WNR1000 Keeps on disconnecting

Hi,
My Plusnet provided netgear WNR1000 keeps on randomly disconnecting and rebooting itself.
Have done a factory reset on it to no avail.
I wonder whether plus net would send me a replacement router?? Maybe not Netgear as I don't rate the performance of it that well especially with Wireless-N speeds.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Netgear WNR1000 Keeps on disconnecting

Hi, We can provide you with a Technicolor TG582n for £5.99 p&p, it's otherwise for free unless you were to cancel within 12 months it being ordered in which case we'd charge £40.
Crazy
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grahamt
Rising Star

Re: Netgear WNR1000 Keeps on disconnecting

You should probably take up Adam's offer if your Netgear's not working properly. However, do have a look round the forums and see what people are saying about the 582's wireless performance. It doesn't seem to be all that good. You could still use it as a backup if you later buy something with better wifi.
I seem to have been a bit luckier than you. My WNR1000 is still going well (2.5 years old now) and I'm happy with its wireless performance. It's only N150 standard, but I went back to it after having had a ZyXEL NBG4604 (N300) during the 80/20 fibre trial because the WNR1000's actual performance seemed just as good and I liked some of its other features. Mind you, at the time I didn't have any devices that could take advantage of N300 speeds.
Graham