Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear WNDR3700v4

TW
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Netgear WNDR3700v4

I wonder if anyone could point me to a source for the Netgear WNDR3700v4 router?
PCWorld supplies v3's, Argos advertise v4's but supply v3's and no one else specifies a version.
There is a review here:-
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2166/5/
It seems a better router, if only I could find one!
7 REPLIES 7
JamesM
Grafter

Re: Netgear WNDR3700v4

It doesn't say the model, but this looks the same only upside down.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/netgear-n600-rangemax-dual-band-wireless-n-gigabit-cable-router-390961
Give them a bell and ask if it is the one you are after.
TW
Rising Star

Never thought about Maplin - thanks for the heads up!
I'll see if its v4...
TW
Rising Star

I did phone Maplin and couldn't have had a more helpful contact.
It can't have been easy but he did look for me - version 3 unfortunately!!
Square 1!
JamesM
Grafter

I guess the only option is for you to e-mail Netgear and ask when the v4 will be on the retail shelves, or if you could buy one straight from them ?
I do know how you feel, I have been waiting for a swiftech H220 all in one cooler to hit England for 6 months, they were finally due yesterday, but now it has been put back until 15th June. It beggars belief how a company can throw videos all over the net and then fail to have them in stock or keep up with demand for 6 months.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I would expect that ordinary shops like Argos and PC World would sell off the old v3 stock first. Perhaps you'll have to wait for other people to buy the remaining v3s.
TW
Rising Star

I'm sure that's correct and would be the commercially acceptable solution.
Oddly, today I saw that Argos had raised the price of the WNDR3700 (still being advertised as v4) by £20 so I assumed that new stock had arrived and been repriced.
I looked - still the same v3 as before.
This desire for change was triggered by the fact that, having changed to fttc, I can't get to see any input from my IP camera via the free router.
I've struggled, like so many others, trying to port forward it but have now given up.
My previous netgear ADSL router was so easy - I hoped a change to a netgear fibre router might help.
Maybe I'll wait, or maybe go for the Asus.
TW
Rising Star

Having at last obtained a WNDR3700v4  I also, eventually, found this howto:-
http://panasonic.net/pcc/support/net...orwarding.html
Instructions are comprehensive and clear.
Camera now operates as before - after setting up port forwarding and reinstalling the camera software (using wine in linux) - on its new quad address and without complaint from the router software - which suggests the lack of success initially was probably my error.