cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DGND3700v2

sherpadodds

Netgear DGND3700v2

Hello. I am new to Plusnet and I am trying to set up the Netgear DGND3700v2. It won't connect at all and I keep getting this meesage..
'
No DSL Cable Is Plugged into the Router ADSL Port
Make sure that the cable is securely plugged into both the broadband modem port and the router Internet port.
After you have checked the DSL cable, click Try again.'
Has anyone ideas why, or can you point me to a setup tutorail somewhere?, thanks.
17 REPLIES 17
Harro
Grafter

Re: Netgear DGND3700v2

Are you on Fibre?  If so, Plug the ethernet cable from the modem into the Fibre socket on the netgear router NOT into Port 1
sherpadodds

Ahh I see now, I would never have noticed that I had a fibre socket. Thanks very much for telling me that and for your help.  Smiley
dick:quote
sherpadodds

Ok another problem. Even after sticking the ethernet cable into modem/router and wall socket I still have no internet. I was almost sure this modem was supported. There is no active internet light at all, not even flashing,
Have I a faulty device or does it not work with Plusenet?
Has anyone on here managed to get the Netgear DGND3700v2 working as a modem and a router?
If you have then please tell me how? Thanks
sherpadodds

Also I am using Plusnet Unlimited Fibre  Embarrassed
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Right okay.
Make sure you are connected to the router via wifi or ethernet.
open a browser on a computer and type in the url , routerlogin.net
the credentials are
username - admin
password - password
click the basic settings tab
make sure that 'does your internet connection require a login' is yes
type in the login , (yourplusnetusername)@plusdsl.net
password: The password you used to create an account with plus net (This could be your member centre password)
then hit apply.  I got those instructions from Plusnet's Netgear WNR1000. But its the same user interface.
Hope this helps!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Has anyone on here managed to get the Netgear DGND3700v2 working as a modem and a router?
The DGND3700 will NOT work as a modem & router on Fibre. As Harro says, it must be connected to the BT modem using an Ethernet cable from its WAN ( grey ) port to LAN1 on the BT Modem. It SHOULD autodetect the connection but if not, go to the WAN setup page of the router and select 'use Ethernet WAN' in the preferences

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Harro
Grafter

Just incase you need any info on the netgear router and dont have the manual, you can view it here http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/DGND3700V2/DGND3700v2_UM_09Mar12.pdf
sherpadodds

Thanks everyone, that explains why I can't connect. I can connect with BT Openreach modem and the Netgear router, however it drops and reconnects every few seconds. I guess I'll just get a new compatible modem/router.
As I am using the unlimited fibre service, can anyone recommend a modem/router that will work?
I was looking at the RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router, will this one be ok?
Thanks for all the help.
SoFarSoGood
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi sherpadodds
I'm no expert but think you are going round in circles
You already have an ADSL modem/router i.e. Netgear DGND3700v2.
This can be connected to the BT Openreach fibre modem and you can just use your Netgear DGND3700v2 as a wireless/wired router.
If you look on the back of the Netgear, you need to connect using the port labelled 'Cable/Fiber'.
I suggest you also check the User Manual (link provided by Harro) to see if any 'fibre' set up changes are needed.

Harro
Grafter

Quote from: sherpadodds
As I am using the unlimited fibre service, can anyone recommend a modem/router that will work?

No matter what router you use, you HAVE to use a separate modem, i.e. the Openreach one the engineer brought.
The DSL cable that comes from the wall has to be plugged into the Modem, not the router.  Use a pin in the bottem of the router in the reset hole for 10 seconds, and let it reset.  Then login to the router setup screen Default user and pass will be Username: Admin  Password: Password, Goto advanced tab and do Setup wizard.  Click next and then select UK, then Next.  Let it do its thing, takes about 5 mins, After that it asks you for username and pass, username is your username you log into website with i.e. username@plusdsl.net, Password is password you set.  Let it do its thing again for another 5 mins, and you should be good to go.
thomasjc1
Grafter

The asus rt-n66u is just a router there is no point getting that because you have a decent netgear, if the netgear is broke then yes go with the asus it's brilliant but you will still have to use the bt modem
sherpadodds

Ok so I must use the Openreach modem that the BT engineer brought, no other modem will work right?
So I will work with the Netgear router I have then and try and get it working better.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'm new to the plug socket stuff, I'm sure I'll figure all this out. had VM cable for about 15 years  Grin
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I wish everywhere was cabled  Cheesy Cheesy
Set ups would be much easier and faster speeds
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
kamalaggi
Dabbler

Quote from: sherpadodds
Thanks everyone, that explains why I can't connect. I can connect with BT Openreach modem and the Netgear router, however it drops and reconnects every few seconds. I guess I'll just get a new compatible modem/router.
I was looking at the RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router, will this one be ok?
Thanks for all the help.

Hi,
No point wasting your money. I have the DGND3700v2 and it's working perfectly fine. I'm getting 70 meg download speeds.
Must be something wrong with your setup.