cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net problems!

callum3891

Net problems!

Hello there, this is around my third time trying to sort my internet out, you probably think im a pain in the bum!, basically my internet has been slow for pretty much the whole time ive had plus net, i understand this is due to alot of random disconnects from the service, this was due to  my son pulling out the router cable... well ive been away for around 4 weeks and my wife has moved the room about, Thus unplugging the internet before disconnecting manually... so this must have put some limitations on our line, i just want to sort this now, i will do everything that is asked from the support guys now as you have my undivided attention, ive been paying 25 quid for plusnet for around 6 months and its really getting me down that this internet speed is  so slow.. i cant do anything that i want to , from downloading a  game to watching youtube... even normal sites take forever to load. as it stands i will be changing provider when my time is up with plusnet, but i really dont want to as the support is good and its a decent price please please please help me as this is my last straw im going mad!!
4 REPLIES 4
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Net problems!

Hey there Callum,
Good evening to you!
Just carried out a few checks on your line, it hasn't been overly intermittent. The issue we have is that the sync speed (the speed at which your router connects to the exchange at) is considered to be a "low threshold breach".
The tests that you'd need to carry out would be to connect the router to the test socket with a different microfilter. We'd then need to carry out a new status check to see if there is an increase in sync speed.
Full information and details can be found on our help and support guide here
Hope this helps,
Matt
callum3891

After a year of questioning it turnt out to be a line fault at the hub down the road.... nothing to do with my interior or the house. so is there any chance of getting it faster? as ive been told if you think there is a line problem you put a restriction on it... and thats been fixed now
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Glad to hear the fault's fixed. The line is actually slowed down by automated systems at the exchange, which should let things pick back up now that the fault is resolved - if it hasn't improved within the next few days please let us know and we'll request a reset for you.
callum3891

Nice one thank you!