cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negnet problems

negnet
Dabbler

Negnet problems

yes it seems plusnet are common thieves now, i see their ratings are slipping on all comparison sites. im leaving as soon as m,y contracts up. you get no joy from their call centre staff, no desire to keep customers, they do not care when its their fault. btw watch plusnet for cancelling your direct debit,restricting your service hoping you make a non direct debit payment so they can charge 1.50. if you join plusnet just understand the speeds you start with will be down more than 50 percent within a year. pluusnet has upset me so much,with their nasseem hamed impersonaters at the call centre , it makes me angry that plusnet are using the good nature of sheffield to thieve of good honest people. they should move to manchester.
jim:green quote removed after  posts split off mod;end
16 REPLIES 16
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Negnet problems

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that you're so unhappy. I've just taken a look over your account and can see that your direct debit was changed but there wasn't enough time to set up the new one prior to your payment going out. As you obviously wanted to pay by DD I'm happy to refund the £1.50 non-dd fee back to you.
With regards to the slow speeds, it doesn't seem that you've ever reported this to us, unless you tell us you're having a problem we're not going to know to look into it. If you're still seeing problems with your connection then please go through the steps at https://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
picbits
Rising Star

Maybe if you post some of your issues on the forum Negnet, some of the staff / customers on here may be able to help ?
Calling them a bunch of thieves and slating/badmouthing  another UK  town / city isn't good forum etiquette !
negnet
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
Hi there,
Sorry to hear that you're so unhappy. I've just taken a look over your account and can see that your direct debit was changed but there wasn't enough time to set up the new one prior to your payment going out. As you obviously wanted to pay by DD I'm happy to refund the £1.50 non-dd fee back to you.
With regards to the slow speeds, it doesn't seem that you've ever reported this to us, unless you tell us you're having a problem we're not going to know to look into it. If you're still seeing problems with your connection then please go through the steps at https://faults.plus.net
i changed banks,11 different direct debits went through ,all except plusnets, why is this i wonder? as for connection speeds, its half of the 59 meg i was promised. why is this i wonder? there is no faults,just a slow gradual degredation of speed. i have read the forums and it seems this is common for plusnet. the more people join the less speeds everybody gets. if you increase my speed someone elses will suffer. like i informed people over the phone at plusnet, watch the forums and review sites. im from sheffield myself and because plusnet accepts no responsibility for their mistakes i will convey this to as many people as possible.
jim:green Link corrected after posts split off mod:end
negnet
Dabbler

Quote from: DomS
Maybe if you post some of your issues on the forum Negnet, some of the staff / customers on here may be able to help ?
Calling them a bunch of thieves and slating/badmouthing  another UK  town / city isn't good forum etiquette !
l am proud of sheffield,we say it like it is, unless you get paid by plusnet that is.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Is there anything we can do to help at all?
It's really not as simple as giving some people more speed than others. If you're getting lower than expected speeds, we'd be more than happy to take a look over things for you.
picbits
Rising Star

The degradation of speed on FTTC seems to be a fairly common occurrence between ISPs (not just PN or BT). As more customers join the cabinet, there is more crosstalk between the wiring and the speed drops to compensate and give a more stable line. My next door neighbour is with TalkTalk FTTC and she has had a similar drop in speed to me over the last year. Mine went from around 73Mb/s initially to a pretty stable 65Mb/s. It is currently sitting at 60Mb/s but usually a BT modem reboot brings it back up to around 68-69 then settles at 65.
You could have a totally unrelated issue though with your wiring or equipment so it is worth giving PN a chance to try and figure out what is going on as you could quite possibly have exactly the same issue with whoever you move to.
negnet
Dabbler

Is there anything we can do to help at all?
It's really not as simple as giving some people more speed than others. If you're getting lower than expected speeds, we'd be more than happy to take a look over things for you.
how complicated is it? am i wrong in my assertions?the more people who join plusnet the less overall speed everybody gets.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The more customers that move over to Plusnet, the more capacity we add.
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1391518086.htm is an example of this.
negnet
Dabbler

Quote from: DomS
The degradation of speed on FTTC seems to be a fairly common occurrence between ISPs (not just PN or BT). As more customers join the cabinet, there is more crosstalk between the wiring and the speed drops to compensate and give a more stable line. My next door neighbour is with TalkTalk FTTC and she has had a similar drop in speed to me over the last year. Mine went from around 73Mb/s initially to a pretty stable 65Mb/s. It is currently sitting at 60Mb/s but usually a BT modem reboot brings it back up to around 68-69 then settles at 65.
You could have a totally unrelated issue though with your wiring or equipment so it is worth giving PN a chance to try and figure out what is going on as you could quite possibly have exactly the same issue with whoever you move to.
i was getting way over 70 mb now im way under 30. , i am not going through the diagnostics again.plug this in ,disconnect that, i did this with my old company,again and again. if you complain they raise the speeds for a while before slowly taking the increases away. anyway i was promised 59 now less than 30. in fact the plusnet test says i only have 1 meg download.
negnet
Dabbler

The more customers that move over to Plusnet, the more capacity we add.
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1391518086.htm is an example of this.
thanks, but i think doms post explains why speeds are slower
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

but that applies to ALL ISP's that supply FTTC. They also have no control over the speed from the cabinet, it's all done by BT Openreach.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

picbits
Rising Star

Indeed - but if negnet has a wiring issue or other problems not related to the potential crosstalk problems then he needs to run through a few tests.
(Sorry TOPRC for hijacking your thread !).
If he hasn't raised a ticket or called in previously to report the issue then obviously nobody can help.
negnet - the same issue could/would  happen with the crosstalk and slowdowns if there were for example 30 Plusnet customers on the cabinet or 15 Plusnet and 15 BT customers or even 10 Plusnet, 10 BT and 10 Entanet customers.
If however you've experienced a serious slowdown in speed, since installation there could well be a hardware issue somewhere. What does the BT speed test here ? http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
Also run the extended test and post back the results. Make sure you do this test on a wired connection as wireless test results are notoriously unreliable.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: negnet
i was getting way over 70 mb now im way under 30. , i am not going through the diagnostics again.plug this in ,disconnect that, i did this with my old company,again and again. if you complain they raise the speeds for a while before slowly taking the increases away. anyway i was promised 59 now less than 30. in fact the plusnet test says i only have 1 meg download.

The Plusnet test is not reliable - there is a warning on the test which says :
Please Note: We are currently experiencing issues with our speed tester and results may not be 100% accurate.

My speed has been tested at 6 meg download - my actual speed is ten times that. A more liable test is the www.speedtest.net site.
Who were your previous ISP and what issues did you have with the speed there - it sounds like you might have issues with your lines if you moved to Plusnet and are still experiencing speed issues.
negnet
Dabbler

i appologise ,i was very grumpy today doh. my speeds are fine now i think. i will do the tests and see what i get. This thread makes me look a grumpy sod,well done'. however i would have not had the need to post anything if you gave the customer the benefit of the doubt, no one hates being ripped when they are paying for a service.
restricting peoples internet and broadband is despicable. i would not mind but we was one of the first to get plusnet SUPERFAST bb and we have never missed a payment.

AND MY GRIPE IS WITH HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS / NOT ABOUT SPEED AT ALL.
dick:quote