Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Vibes from hotmail Live

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Negative Vibes from hotmail Live

Hi,
             I use Thunderbird and as well as having Plusnet email accounts, I have a Yahoo and Hotmail live Account as well set up to download into Thunderbird client.
all works well but not the Live account, for some reason I've started to get negative vibes when checking my mail on that particular account, Yahoo works fine. I've got the latest extensions and have not changed any settings since installing some months ago. I used to have the old hotmail account but went over to the Live one because of problems with set up. All has worked well up to now.
Has anyone come across this before and if so could anyone suggest what may have gone wrong, I can send mail from that account OK.
regards
jono
8 REPLIES 8
artificer
Grafter

Re: Negative Vibes from hotmail Live

what do you mean by 'negative vibes'?
jono
Aspiring Pro

Sorry should have put full message, as follows
Sending the password did not succeed Mail server local host responded negative Vibes from ( then my email Address)
When I click on that message I get a box asking for my password which i type in and I know it is correct but it comes back with negative vibes message again.
regards
jono
newmillscomp
Grafter

If you google the following "negative Vibes mail message" you should find the fix
Santiago
Grafter

Try logging directly into your Hotmail account from your browser, you might find a welcome page for an upgrade or similar [can't remember exactly]. Clear that and access your inbox etc. Go back to your Thunderbird and renter your password again when prompted. You may find the negative waves go away then.
jono
Aspiring Pro

hi thanks for the info, I have Googled and found some answers and indeed tried them but with no results, the welcome message was there Santiago, I thought great that's it but I got rid by ticking box but still no luck, I've even found more up to date extensions again and loaded, still wont work.
I'll keep on with it and if I find an answer I'll post back.
regards
jono 
jono
Aspiring Pro

hi to all, I have tried everything and the only thing that worked is removing the account all together and reinstalling it. It worked straight away, why it should do that I don't know but thanks for the help anyway, how long it will last this time i don't know.
regards
jono
itlity
Grafter

Got the same issue but I am already with the up to date add-ons.
To clear the issue I had to go to my hotmail account and tick the box to avoid the display of the message page i.e. the one which shows once you have logged in and which is before your actual email page.
Tip is from: http://minguming.blogspot.com/2008/11/getting-negative-vibes-on-thunderbird.html
Patrice
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi patrice, I tried all that but still had the problem until reinstalling that particular account, it seems to be a fairly common problem but not always the same solution for everyone, What triggers it I don't know.
regards
jono