Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to look at TG582n throughput speed

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Need to look at TG582n throughput speed

Is this possible via telnet, ie like iftop would show whats going on ?
I'm using DD-WRT Bandwidth  monitor to look at throughput for the WiFi which is a seperate box though for managing the wifi,
I want to look at what is passing through the TG582n though, is there any other way i might be able to get this info, could i pop the router with DD-WRT Before it, I'm guessing this wont show any data because it is ppoe.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Need to look at TG582n throughput speed

Hi there,
I've just bounced your question off our products team and we've found out the following between us:
We don't think you'd be able to achieve this via Telnet but there is a way of using wireshark to do this but it would involve using extra kit.
I.e you could turn off DHCP on the TG582n and use that as an access point and connect that to another router/modem with a hub inbetween, that hub would need a device running wireshark connected to it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Cheers Adam, please pass on thanks to the team for me, I thought i would need something capable of mirroring the port though for wire shark to listen. I don't think my old Dlink DIR615 is upto the job of taking the place of the TG582n  Grin works good for WiFi though  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I sure will, thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team