cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to cancel engineers visit (PLEASE CANCEL THE CANCEL)

carlcaulkett
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Need to cancel engineers visit (PLEASE CANCEL THE CANCEL)

I've done the factory reset for the second time and this time it appears to have worked. I'm confused as to why there may have been this password related problem. Yes, in the last couple of days I've been into my router's config and temporarily changed the password, but due to problems at the Mac end of things, and not being able to go online for help, I changed it back. Or so I thought!!

I'll just wait for the engineer to turn up and see what he or she has to say!

Thanks for your time and atttention, Anoush, it's really appreciated!

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Need to cancel engineers visit

@carlcaulkett wrote:

It was showing up as "Unavailable" until maybe an hour ago. I've just checked and it is showing as being available again.

@carlcaulkett  Does the information in this post  match the way you accessed CHAT?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems Carl. Let us know how the visit goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
carlcaulkett
Rising Star

Re: Need to cancel engineers visit

Hi Maurice,

It's entirely possible, but to be honest I cannot remember! I'll certainly keep that link for next time though! Thanks.

carlcaulkett
Rising Star

Well, the BT OpenReach guy has just been and he didn't find any faults on the line. He did, however, fit a new Filtered faceplate socket because the old socket was around 20 years old!

I asked him about the callout charge but he told me that he didn't get involved in vulger matters such as money and didn't know how that would be handled. He did establish that there was no impediment to the service originating from within my premises.

The signal seems fine at the moment (8.8/1.1 atm) although I am keen to pursue this question of occasional excessive uploads on my WiFi. I have downloaded a copy of NMap which I believe can find out pretty much everything that is going on on a network. Can anyone out there give some shortcuts on how to use it. I'm reasonably well versed in using the macOS command line.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm sorry to hear the engineer couldn't find a fault, but I'm glad to see they renewed your master socket anyway.

I've updated your fault ticket with more info. Hope that helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet