┌─────────┤ tunnel gre add ├──

│ifname  =
│source  =
│destination  =
│[key]  =
│[checksum]  =

│the name of this gre interface
├───────────────────────
It looks something like the above. I just need to know what goes where and how to enable it so it works.
8 REPLIES 8
paqize
Grafter

Re: Need help setting up tunnel via cmd on the Thomson TG585 V8 router

i used this command to set up tunnel from local to global ip
tunnel ipip add ifname=tunnel source=91.125.xxx.xxx destination=192.168.1.
in place of of entering the ip whic hi would have to do because it is dynamic. is there a way that the router can find it out wit hsome sort of command?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just had a chat with our resident hardware expert and it seems that this process would be very complex indeed and would involve numerous NAT and firewall rules to be set up, we'd need to invest a lot of time to research how to do this. So, with that in mind I feel it best that I ask what you're trying to achieve in more detail, just in case we're able to suggest another way of achieving exactly what you need to do.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
paqize
Grafter

Thanks for the replay. I am basically trying to point my global ip to my local ip so that i can get a game server running. The server only allowes clients to join locally. I want packets that are sent to my global ip address transferred to the local ip address because it is the only way to connect to the server i am trying to set up. If my router has some feature that can solve my problem then i would like to use that in p[lace of some third parrty program like hamachi.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, in that case you may find it a lot easier to use port forwarding to do that or easier still just set up a straight DMZ for the server.
Let me know if you need any pointers on how to do that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
paqize
Grafter

Port forwarding does not seem to allowe clients to join although dmz might, i cannot find it when i telnet to the tg585 v8 router; so some pointers on that would be helpful, thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can try and find out but you really don't need telnet to do that.
Port forwarding does not seem to allowe clients to join although dmz might,

I'm going to stick my neck and say I'm sure a DMZ will do the trick for you and you should be able to set that up through the router's http interface
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
paqize
Grafter

I just checked and there is no DMZ option on the http gui.
paqize
Grafter

I am trying to get a program running so people can connect to the program through my global ip but the program blocks people from connectiong to it via my global ip, the only way is to access it through the IPv4 local IP 192.168.1.74. I tried searching everywhere online and found a lot of stuff that did not get it to work so i either did something wrong or tried the wrong things. I know i will mess it all up if i try to guess this out, so i am left with one choice and i will not forget any help from anyone. Feel free to point me to the right direction if you havnt the time to give a full explenation.
I have tried port forwarding and turning off the firewall. I was told the only way i could get people to connect is via hamachi or vpn pass-through. What i want is my global ip to behave like my local ip so when people use my global ip to connect to the program from their computer they will actually connect to the program via my local ip. I need the global ip to pass the packets to the local ip.