Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice please.

brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Need advice please.

Yesterday lunch time my phone was making a ''whoosh'' noise and my broadband was stopping and starting.  I phoned customer service and was told that there were no 'faults' on outside the house and that it was probably an internal issue.  An engineer was booked and then cancelled as I really didn't want to pay if it was my fault.  I did nothing whatsoever inside my house and yet the issue was resolved around an hour after my call and has been fine since.  I am really not understanding how this could be classed as an indoor fault.  Plus had the engineer have called I would have had to pay as the ''fault' was ''fixed'' without me doing anything.

2 REPLIES 2
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Need advice please.

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm pleased to hear that your phone line fault has now been resolved.

Its difficult to identify what may have been causing the issue - as my colleague advised earlier in the week, phone line interference/noise can be caused by any number of factors including the handset or other variables within your property.

I would recommend that you monitor the performance of your phone line and if this reoccurs again, we'll be happy to check for faults on the line for you.

Best wishes,

Dave

brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Need advice please.

Many thanks....

My phone and broadband are still working perfectly.  As I have done nothing in my property I can only assume that the problem was something going on for a couple of hours on the outside that has now been sorted.  I would have been upset if the engineer came and found no fault and charged me sixty odd pounds.