cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need SNR Reset now line fault has been fixed

pengyou
Grafter

Need SNR Reset now line fault has been fixed

Line noise made my broadband connection unreliable.

The line noise fault has been repaired and my broadband connection is much more stable but the SNR Margin is now closer to 9dB than its usual value of 6dB (and the sync speed is lower than it used to be).

I'm hoping an SNR reset will allow my router to sync at a higher speed.

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Need SNR Reset now line fault has been fixed

I've put that through for you, so you should hopefully see an improvement in speed shortly Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
KennethBaxter
Dabbler

Sorry for hijacking this post but my speed has also dropped due to a problem thats now been fixed. Lost 4-5 Mbps and wondering If my SNR needs reset since there was loads of disconnects?

Thanks.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately that's not something we can do on fibre connections.

If the connection remains stable, DLM should automatically bring the speed back up, however it does look like your sync speed is slightly below the estimates for your line, so it may be worth raising a fault for us to look in to a fault at http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
pengyou
Grafter

Thanks for the SNR Reset. The SNR Margin is now back to normal ... but the sync speed has also reduced. I'll try rebooting the router a few more times to see if this helps.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@pengyou wrote:

but the sync speed has also reduced. I'll try rebooting the router a few more times to see if this helps.

I wouldn't reboot the router too much as this could cause DLM to restrict the speeds to try and stop the connection dropping out.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet