Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help

JohntheKLN

Need Help

Hi, I've been getting the following message recently:
Authentication Failed... 

Your Internet authentication failed.
Before you can authenticate yourself, you have to login as a more privileged user.

The only way i can get rid of this and get back online is by restarting my Laptop which works for another 30 mins then the same again.
Any ideas on why its happening and how to resolve?Huh
Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: Need Help

What happens when you get this message? Does your connection drop? Or are you actually using a web site at the time that needs authentication to get in? That sounds like you are losing some kind of user privelege for a secure site rather than losing the internet connection. More info required please.  Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Or alternatively an error message from your router, what modem/router are you using?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
JohntheKLN

my connection drops and the message is from the Thompson gateway.
Using the free thompson modem that i got when i joined plusnet. (thompson tg585 v7)
thanks
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Questions... Which lights go out on the router when this happens? Do you have to reboot the router as well as the laptop or just the laptop? Do you have any third party software on your laptop which monitors the connection somehow or the state of the router?