Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTE5 master socket and a vdsl filtered face plate

Toby1971
Grafter
Fixes: 4

NTE5 master socket and a vdsl filtered face plate

Sometime ago I had trouble with a drop in speed from app.13.5Mb/sec down to 9mb/sec. No faults were found on the incomimg line and PN sent me a new router, just in case that was the problem. This did not cure the problem and I removed the Master socket  face plate and connected directly to the phone socket. I have tried 2 different faceplates and get a speed of approx. 10.Mb/sec. If I connect direct I get 14.5Mb/sec. Althuough Ihave left it like that, it not very tidy.

My question realy is why should thete be nearly 50% in speed depite trying 2 different facplates

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: NTE5 master socket and a vdsl filtered face plate

Have a look at the how to speed up broadband video from my mate Vince. It sounds like your internal wiring is slowing down your speeds.

dp2010
Grafter

Hi Toby1971

I recently had a similar problem with my faceplate. it was causing noise. Every thing else was ok. It was just the faceplate section as with you. Not sure who is responsible for this or its replacement, but to save time I purchased a BT NTE5C from internet. Instructions can be found here . Once fitted I have had no further problems.

Hope it might help with you. All the best.

Toby1971
Grafter
Fixes: 4

Thanks for all the advice, will try a new faceplate to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks again

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@dp2010 wrote:

Hi Toby1971

Not sure who is responsible for this or its replacement, but to save time I purchased a BT NTE5C from internet. Instructions can be found here . Once fitted I have had no further problems.

Sharp intake of breath! I hope you continue to have "no further problems" with your NTE 5C, but...