cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Internet and NO Phone, Just GREAT !!!!

englishrick
Grafter

NO Internet and NO Phone, Just GREAT !!!!

Well just got up for work to notice the phone displaying NO CONNECTION and also I have no Internet.. I'm due to change over to PN today I can understand the no internet bit as I'm going from BB to Fibre but why has my Telephony service ceased????
50 REPLIES 50
itsme
Grafter

Re: NO Internet and NO Phone, Just GREAT !!!!

I don't know the order BT does fibre but sometime in the changeover to fibre the old BB has to be removed and to do this will mean lost of all services as BT remove all the jumpers on the MDF and then reconnect the telephone services.
jaym0nd
Dabbler

I am in the same boat. I was on sky llu and today i get plusnet fibre. However i have read so many horror stories of openreach not arriving to their appt its scary!
englishrick
Grafter

Ok, I'm now connected...Not bad for a wireless connection.... Ping is a little high though..http://www.speedtest.net/result/2527261824.png
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi Englishrick,
Thank you for your time on the phone earlier today when you had your engineer visit.
Glad to see it is all up and running now.
I take it you were able to get your Asus router up and running?
englishrick
Grafter

Yes thanks for your help Scott. its up and running and as you may have seen speeds seem pretty good, is it usual for the ping to get higher during the evening as it was at 5 when i first connected the asus and as the evening has gone on its up to 24 now i think...also do you have any idea of how to check SNR with the asus, the old netgear i had was pretty easy to use.. cheers mate
jim:quote
englishrick
Grafter

Here we go, Just like I thought would happen and has done with many people before me.......Speeds dropped.........Be even less tomorrow I suspect by the looks of whats happened to other people.....
englishrick
Grafter

LMFAO  Grin Grin Grin Just like I said last night !!!!!!!

englishrick
Grafter

Surely my speeds should be better my current line speed is at 78MB according to my account...
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Your BT IP Profile is probably around 47Mbps. The value in the Member Centre has been set to 78Mbps so it does not restrict you pending receipt from BT of a proper value.
Check your BT IP Profile by running a speedtest at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com then requesting Further Diagnostics.
David
englishrick
Grafter

Did you see my 1st speedtest, I was getting almost 62mb down and 16mb up
jim:quote
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@EnglishRick:  I get around 50down and 17up my ping is around 25ms. You are lucky!!!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
englishrick
Grafter

I did say I WAS getting 62MB it isnt that now as you can see from my speed tests
adie:quote
kuga
Grafter

until you have it running for the full ten days training the speeds will go up and down
as hard as it is you need to just not watch it
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@englishrick
Please see the explanatory notes I've just made in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112337.msg963485.html#msg963485
Do you hear any audible noise on the line when using the phone, or have any problems with incoming or outgoing calls?