cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFS shares with synology to xbmc

Konghands

NFS shares with synology to xbmc

Hi , I have recently switched to plus net and mostly seems fine..however I am running xbmc from my lounge PC and this connects via nfs to my synology and since switching to plus net it can no longer connect to the server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully just needs some settings changed on the router.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: NFS shares with synology to xbmc

Has the IP address changed for your NAS?
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Usually the shares are mapped by ip address. This has probably changed since you changed routers.
On the xbmc share(s), click edit and browse for the nfs share.
Konghands

Thanks for your replies, used ds finder app to search for my diskstation on the LAN and it has the same IP address as before . Will try removing sources on the xbmc and then add back sources and rescan. Will report back if this doesn't do the trick.
mangotreex

I have a QNAP NAS and use XBMC, but I use static IP addresses for everything; solves many problems.  I too suspect NAS IP has changed.
dragon2611
Grafter

Could also be the plusnet router if you're using it,
The Technicolor routers do funny things sometimes and often need tweaking the CLI to get them to behave with certain applications
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Since this is purely on the local lan, no tweaking of the router should be necessary, it is just acting like a hub/switch in this instance.