cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My speed gone lower [solved]

leeanthony
Grafter

Re: My speed gone lower

If you look at page 1, my second post. The first router stats I posted (When I was connected to the upstairs socket at the time)
They are even more closer, almost identical to the stats I am getting now whilst using the test socket
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi,
I've just replied to your PM, basically we can *try* to reset your SNR but we'll only be able to do this once. Let me know if you want me to request it and I'll see what I can do.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
leeanthony
Grafter

I think this would be a nice move, to at least see what happens yeah but if you can only do it once, I think we should wait and I get a decent router first which Im hoping would give me a more stable connection in terms of less disconnects
A tiny portion of my brain keeps poking me, reminding me of my connection with my old 2wire router before it went faulty. Although It never disconnected me, it remained stable in that way, it just went crazy with pings and stuff. So I asked Plusnet for one of there free routers which I didnt originally request when I first joined Plusnet, the first one kept disconnecting me very often. Do you remember my post where It was disconnecting me every 30 minutes etc, James sent me a replacement one assuming the first was faulty.
Well this replacement one is deffinately better, thats for sure. But it just doesnt seem as stable as my 2wire, that kept me connected for weeks.. this one im lucky to last a few days.
So yeah,
In short (my weakness) what Im trying to say is, theres a chance that this 8 page topic was all down to the routers Plusnet provided me with Tongue Only a guess, but yeah..
So yeah I would if it could be reset, but not just yet, I want to get a new router first (If you think what Ive just said is even possible)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Some routers do indeed hold lines better than others, and some can even help achieve a higher sync rate. I used to use a 2700HGV myself which was great for my needs.
Give me a nudge in here or via PM when you want me to request your SNR reset and I'll see what I can do.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
leeanthony
Grafter

Okey dokey, thanks Smiley
Im gona ask for recommendations for a  new router now, I will order it today if I can get a clear answer from people hehe
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

It's possible that with your noise margin sat that high that it could be masking any internal wiring problems anyway. If you are going to get a new router and can keep it at the master socket you might as well get a filtered faceplate to give yourself the best chance you can.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
leeanthony
Grafter

I would be happy to get faceplates aswel yeah, but I couldnt keep adsl connected to the master forever, not impossible but we wont be
Anotherone said this to me after seeing all my wires/sockets etc
If you have the correct standard of wiring, you don't need to run from then master. Your wiring is now the correct standard - we've dealt with the bell wire issue and it's a suitable standard of twisted pair cable.
And he shown me about the faceplates, he said to get a XTE for downstairs and XTF for upstairs... so yeah, do you think I should still do this? Im deffinately getting a new router no matter what
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

If Anotherone has said it I'd be inclined to go along with it Smiley
I didn't go back through all the 8 pages (lazy I know), so wasn't overly sure what had been covered.
Re routers whatever you do don't get the dg834pn
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
leeanthony
Grafter

Roger that Wink
Could you do me a favour please if u got a minute, recommend me your personal best router in the main Community support part of the forums, then hopefully other people will catch on Smiley hehe
thx
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Right OK, just a quick catchup post.
1. The reason you don't see much difference between the test socket and your normal socket is that we sorted out your wiring.
2. The reason your snr graph is nice and flat is that you are on a relatively short underground line to the exchange and you no longer have that faulty load of crap 585v7 (the one you marked ONE - I hope) on your line.
3. Your googling turned up good choices, but as ASBO has said the Broadcom chipset may be the best option, because of the flexibility - I'll post more about that.
4. Do NOT get your Target SNR reset yet - let's be certain we've got this sorted.
leeanthony
Grafter

Hey man! welcome back  Grin
Hope your all good! I am, just a little tired atm
Hoping I dont forget anything now...... OK so lets see  Tongue
I tried the adsl for half an hour at a time while changing a filter individually at each socket, to finally getting to trying with the old 2wire router. I did leave it connected like you said for nearly a day I think but it was getting worse and worse, I think it was about to pop lol. Router stats were identical with it, flat line and then lots of vertical drops (Where the error code would read, error connecting to router). We already knew the 2wire was faulty, was why I stopped using it in the first place but I had never used router stats before so didn tknow it was that bad..... Anyway I just unplugged it in the end, assumed it was half dead and failing to report back to router stats properly, so then I changed back to the other speedtouch (yeah marked 2 :P) so atm I am using that one again, the one that used to disconnect me every 30 min
OK blabbered on abt to much there ^^
So new router, yeah! I have ordered the version 4  netgear dg834g, should have it sometime this week
wanted to order the face plates too but they dont seem to have one of the ones i need, the one for my bedroom is out of stock on othersites too
and nah I asked Chris not to get it reset yet, he liked the idea, get new router first etc. I still have to give him the last word to do so, so that word can be yours Smiley
This is about it really from what I can think of
Anotherone
Champion

OK, fine. I'd like to see current Noise Margin Plot and current stats then (number TWO 585v7?).
leeanthony
Grafter

heya
I did actually nod off to sleep, at about 10, I just woke back up like an hour ago was about to turn off my pc and give it a rest for a night its been on 24/7 for last few days, so I closed router stats Sad But then saw you had posted, doh!
Luckily you told me to make it auto capture so il show you the most recent one, also the 2wire stats and why i got rid of it for the 2nd time  Tongue
Uptime: 0 days, 6:44:55
DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 6,304
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11.5 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 20.5 / 36.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 18.0 / 15.0
leeanthony
Grafter

Anotherone
Champion

Oh ****. Any change in sync speed - sync graph?
Can you post Noise graph from interval before this one if you have it?
This is still number TWO 585v7 I assume?
(Just going to compile some more comment whilst you are doing that.)